LegacyGT.com

front bumper paint touch ups?

kendraaleighh

so i've been tossing this idea around to touch up my front bumper. unfortunately the previous owners did not take very good care of the car and as soon as i brought it home i washed it and the bugs on the bumper began peeling little spots of paint off. i don't really want the bill of a body shop, and i've been on paintscratch.com, would it be hard to do if i just took a day and touched up all the little spots? or is this a dumb idea and i should suck it up and get it done professionally?

http://i43.tinypic.com/zu5bo3.jpg

http://i43.tinypic.com/2n9xk07.jpg

thanks! this looks really helpful. i also recently was in a minor fender bender and the other drivers insurance is paying for the paint to fix my back bumper, should i just to a double whammy and get the front done because they have the paint mixed? or i could just do it myself on a nice day haha

Guest LGT-NY
Yeah, take it to a bodyshop and get it sprayed. Then get a clear bra or you'll be in the same boat in a year. Subaru paint FTL.

Yeah, take it to a bodyshop and get it sprayed. Then get a clear bra or you'll be in the same boat in a year. Subaru paint FTL.

++ When I picked up my 05 in 07, the front bumper was already toasted with pits and chips. The dealer agreed to respray/replace the bumper. I think they replaced as the new one didn't look resprayed but brand new.

Regardless, 3 years later and my front bumper looks awful again. I'm an anal retentive driver and car care guy and keep my car meticulous, don't tailgate, don't drive on long road trips on the highway etc. etc. Makes no difference. I swear I could pee on the front end and it would chip. It's the quality/thickness of the paint, no doubt about it.

Dr Color Chip is the easiest thing to use for the bumper. Grab a paintbrush and put it on...wait a few minutes and wipe it off. Works great. I also have Lanka, it works well if you want to use the factory touch up paint, but it takes a lot longer to apply. Both work very well.

Archived