LegacyGT.com

Newbie LGT 08 Owner Questions

Hey guys... so I picked the LGT 08 with 8K miles - the car is automatic.

My question is. Basically I can barely hear the car, engine. When I push on it, Sports Sharp - even without TC, it seems quiet and not responsive as my Altima 3.5 06.

So here are the questions.

What am I suppose to hear from the turbo? Any specific sounds? How do I know if the turbo is working?

Would 87 gas cause the car to underperform by that much?

Also I am not sure when oil was changed last time, so I am going to change oil soon.

Update

-----------------------------

I put in 93... sales guy said he put in 93...but whatever it was he put in... the car performs wonderful now... I even got sick and got a hedache from all the acceleration...

The legacy is not evo or eclipse race boy car. The turbo sound in stock form is barely noticeable, i could hear mine when it was stock if i turned the radio down and got the rpms in the 3-4k range then let off you can hear the wastegate but its not loud. Stage 2 is louder, and intake would make it louder and a BOV would give you the sound you want when shifting gears.

You might be able to make it a little more "throaty" upon acceleration by removing the intake silencer box. There is a thread on that somewhere...

I did it on my '05 and you can definitely hear the difference... not sure if it is what you are looking for though.

With the Legacy, you don't get the boy racer image of the Evo/STi. Hence the lack of engine and turbo spool sound. As far as response, you're coming from a motor that had a 60CID advantage so the low end torque will be a bit less in the LGT. Side by side, the Subie should walk it. Both from roll and dig. Wind the LGT up in 3rd or 4th and feel the pull then! And yes for about the 7th time, it calls for 91 oct. minimum. Use it. My dad tried to tell me the same thing (use cheap gas) and I kept saying no, I'll gladly pay for it.

My question is. Basically I can barely hear the car, engine. When I push on it, Sports Sharp - even without TC, it seems quiet and not responsive as my Altima 3.5 06.

Umm...you did take it for a test drive, right?

The engine and turbo were both probably a bit more broken in, and or the turbo on the 05 was going to blow up soon lol. As time goes on with any car the engine and turbo(if it has one) get louder. The valve train makes more noise, maybe the exhaust gaskets aint what they used to be whatever the case a car with 50-60kmiles is gonna be louder in some areas than the same exact car with under 10kmiles. That doesnt mean it performs worse or drives worse. but if it was very very loud then i would say there was soemthign wrong or moddified on the 05, my valve train isnt as quiet as it was 10kmiles ago but i cant hear it with the windows closed. What was loud on the 05? The exhaust, engine, turbo?

As for the rotors on that car, if it was that badly warped with less than 10kmiles on them whoever had that car drove with some balls. I mean the LGTs stock rotors are known for warping real easy but with only 8kmiles i would say he or she didnt drive like your average driver.

The engine and turbo were both probably a bit more broken in, and or the turbo on the 05 was going to blow up soon lol. As time goes on with any car the engine and turbo(if it has one) get louder. The valve train makes more noise, maybe the exhaust gaskets aint what they used to be whatever the case a car with 50-60kmiles is gonna be louder in some areas than the same exact car with under 10kmiles. That doesnt mean it performs worse or drives worse. but if it was very very loud then i would say there was soemthign wrong or moddified on the 05, my valve train isnt as quiet as it was 10kmiles ago but i cant hear it with the windows closed. What was loud on the 05? The exhaust, engine, turbo?

As for the rotors on that car, if it was that badly warped with less than 10kmiles on them whoever had that car drove with some balls. I mean the LGTs stock rotors are known for warping real easy but with only 8kmiles i would say he or she didnt drive like your average driver.

It was a demo model LGT 05 with 600 miles on it... i doubt they modify demo models..but i can confirm it was louder...

oooh i wonder....if you taken our advice and bought new, would you still have these problems.

Stay the hell away from 87.

You will hear the turbo spool up, and then somthing of a sneeze as you let off the gas. Sit at some lights, launch as hard as you can, if it throws you back in your seat and start to feel all tingly the cars doing fine, if not then you maybe have a problem.

profmathers.

They did do some work, as I had an 07 2.5i, and now I have an 08 LGT. The LGT is quieter.

That being said, this is only due to more sound deadening in the cabin floor, and some on the firewall. The doors are identical, and I'm off to sound deaden them this weekend as a result. (Noise at highway speed is almost as loud, that'll get fixed with doors I hope)

Guest heightsgtltd
I took them out today with like a kitchen scrubber :confused: .. treated the car like a kitchen today... anyway..took out prob 95% of it... i didn't have anymore energy to keep going on...

IT sucks that you bought a newish used car and you were the one who had to remove stains from it.

Archived