LegacyGT.com

Puss'd out against a VW!!

Odlgt

Im not a fan of street racing or putting others in jeopardy for my own thrills but damn!

Leaving work tonight and as i came up the on ramp at a brisk 75 which is standard speed for the road i was on, i see some hid type lights in my rear view that were steadily getting closer. I didnt think anything of it until the road widened to 3 lanes and he finally got next to me. He was slowly going past and i could see him look over so i dn shifted to 4th from 6th just for s$&ts and he immediately accelerated. So i just gave it a little in 4th and waited for a little boost to build and then let off but he kept going

It looked like a vw jetta 1.8t but that thing actually hauled pretty good i was surprised. I am too much of a puss to speed and risk tickets or hitting deer so i let off right away just above what people would normally do on that road. About 80. I dont know though, i feel like i probably could have given him a run but he didnt seem to slow as he pulled away fairly quick.

Eh well, fun way to end the night i guess. I was hoping maybe there would be a cop over the next rise to see him coming over it at well over 100 because i always thinks its funny when that happens to people that try to race me but no luck.

Anyone have any experience with that type of vw? From what i understand they can produce a lot of power with a flash and tune.

O

I think locking it would be a little oversensitive given the description i gave and the fact that i didnt personally race but either way. Thought it was a fun story to share but i understand if it gets locked. I dont want it to act as an inspiration to those that do like to race.

O

Archived