LegacyGT.com

Downpipe Question

Just get a CNT. It fits better and isn't much more. Don't forget an uppipe and tune for your 2005.

Also, since you are a wagon, I would HIGHLY suggest a catted downpipe since the uncatted ones will smell up the cabin.

any suggestions for good quality for the money uppipes? Don't have a ton of cash to throw.

^^ Get that and a CNT downpipe and you're golden. PM m sprank for downpipe

~$200 for catless / ~$300 for catted CNT downpipe

~$150 for NIB uppipe

~$150 for infamous1 e-tune (get a $15 ebay vag-com cable and laptop too)

~$20 each for OEM or grimmspeed gaskets

~$0 w/ Tin snip factory turbo heat shield to fit new downpipe

Before modifying car, I'd suggest getting the vag-com and datalogging to see if there are any underlying conditions to be wary of. You could even get a stage 1 tune and be happy.

• 3 weeks later...
Just get a CNT. It fits better and isn't much more. Don't forget an uppipe and tune for your 2005.

Also, since you are a wagon, I would HIGHLY suggest a catted downpipe since the uncatted ones will smell up the cabin.

i was thinking of doing the same thing. my car is all stock except a K&N drop-in. i was gonna do a cat-less DP but leave the cat in the up-pipe. is it still gonna smell? getting a tune at the same time of course. in leaving the stock cat-back because i dont want it loud. i have a "toy" if i want to drive something noisey ;)

Archived