LegacyGT.com

Shopping around for an 09 Spec B

I really enjoyed my 2001 B4 when I was over in Okinawa for a couple years and now I'm looking for another legacy.

Can I get some recommendations on what to look for (know its still fairly new and might not show too much wear).

man I miss this car, had so much fun with it

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v405/mach250/My%20B4/

Was regular maintenance performed? Is it stock?

There may have been some engine issues with '09's, but I can't remember. If I'm not mistaken the 6 speed transmission should be near bulletproof (it's not the same as in the STI, but similar).

Check to see if it hits target boost, as not doing so may be indication there is something wrong, or the ECU was recently reset. I'm not sure what target boost is in the different modes, someone else should know.

Nice B4 :)

I bought my Spec B from a member on here back in Mar. Check the car for sale forum, they pop up every now and then.

They don't last very long, so check often.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Was regular maintenance performed? Is it stock?

There may have been some engine issues with '09's, but I can't remember. If I'm not mistaken the 6 speed transmission should be near bulletproof (it's not the same as in the STI, but similar).

Check to see if it hits target boost, as not doing so may be indication there is something wrong, or the ECU was recently reset. I'm not sure what target boost is in the different modes, someone else should know.

Nice B4 :)

There was a bad batch of engines for 2008/2009 turbo Subaru's. Basically, your engine grenaded at <20k miles. I'd imagine at this point they've all been fixed unless you found a total garage queen.

I also recently picked up an 09 SpecB, drove 1100 miles to pick it up out in NJ. Decent deals to be had on them too.

Honestly the two places I'd watch, cars.com (seems to aggregate a lot of other locations) and craigslist.

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/used/2009/subaru/legacy/2-5-gt-spec-b/_/N-ma9Zfl5ZfgpZghuZhfbZm5d?sf1Dir=DESC&mkId=20041&mdId=21378&rd=100000&zc=60201&PMmt=1-1-0&stkTypId=28881&sf2Dir=ASC&sf1Nm=price&yrId=20201&sf2Nm=miles&rpp=50&feedSegId=28705&searchSource=GN_REFINEMENT&crSrtFlds=stkTypId-feedSegId-mkId-mdId-yrId-trId&pgId=2102&trId=22583

You can plug them into my.subaru.com with the VIN and get Subaru's "guaranteed trade-in" price, which I find a good reference for negotiating.

Archived