LegacyGT.com

Debadge question

firepyro515

:eek:big holes behind every single letter

:lol::lol::lol: No, the only thing that has studs/holes is the actual Subaru Pleidies emblem. Everything else is double-sided sticky tape. Just heat the lettering well with a hair dryer, then use some dental floss to "saw" off the tape from the surface. You'll know the lettering is hot enough when you can't hold your finger on it, but it's too hot when you see the tape starting to smoke. J/K about the heat, just get it good and warm and then slip a piece of dental floss between the paint and the tape, and work it back and forth. It'll come off easier than you think.

SBT

- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

I'm kidding........ use fishing line on a warm day and some goo gone type gunk removal to get the glue off and it's bare underneath. The suby emblem on the back is a different story. I do believe I heard someone say there are holes behind it. I left mine.

• 3 years later...
I didn't bother to heat it up and the lettering still came off pretty easy using a dental floss "saw". As for removal of any adhesive residue I use some Acrysol from Kent Automotive and then use some paint cleaner to buff the area afterwards. No trace of there ever being any lettering there now...and this is on an '05 LGT Wagon with 136,000miles that I just debadged about 3 months ago...

^ Combine the two (hairdryer and floss saw) for even more ease of removal. Then use the hairdryer to further soften the residue. I used WD40 to further help clear the residue and then polished with some Mequiars polish.
- Pro amore Dei et patriam et populum -

• 5 years later...

Didn't find anything else newer, so reviving this from the dead...

Does anyone know if the rear emblem on the '15 - '17s can be taken apart? What I mean is can the glossy part with the blue back be removed without taking off the entire chrome part off?

Archived