LegacyGT.com

Painting calipers

Gonna finally get around to installing my WRX brakes, but want to clean up and paint the calipers first. Did some searching on the site, did not have any luck findig a thread.

Anyone have a step-by-step or advise on what to look out for.

Good news is they are obviously off the car, so ought to be able to do a good job.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Temperature-Gloss-Leveling-Caliper-System/dp/B000AUMYMM/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1311398632&sr=8-4]Amazon.com: High Temperature High Gloss Self Leveling Brush On Red G2 Brake Caliper Paint System Kit: Automotive[/ame]

I have used the black it goes on easy and is very durable.

• I Donated

I have a wire brush wheel on an air tool....You can buy wire brush tools from Harbor Freight......they will fit on a power drill too.

Make sure you wear glasses when you use them.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

• 2 weeks later...
I just did this on my subi.. i removed the calipers completely, took them apart (they unbolt into two halves), sanded with a metal brush/grinder wheel, removed all the rust, primed them with Rustoleum and then painted them with two coats of Duplicolor caliper enamel () .. the whole project cost me $20...the calipers need to be painted with high temperature heat of the paint will just burn off

• 4 months later...

Archived