LegacyGT.com

96 legacy brighton key stuck in ignition HELP!!!

I have this issue in my legacy when i drive my car more than an hour or so when the car gets really hot my keys will get stuck in my ignition when i turn off the engine. I have an automatic and checked that the lever is in P(park) position and i notice that my key buzzer will work once in a while including my hazard lights. I have been researching and found that i have to change the fuse for my hazard lights I did that it work for a while then the symptom came back. Anyone have experience this? So far when my car temp is hot my ignition buzzer will not work or intermittently work then my hazard lights will not work at all. everything works when the car is cold.

Anyone can point to me where the relay for hazard located at and ignition buzzer relay?

• I Donated

Do you mean your engine is overheating?

An overheated engine has nothing to do with your ignition lock cylinder.

If its your ignition lock getting hot, it sounds like you have some kind of wiring short somewhere.

-broknindarkagain

My Current Project - Click Here

COME AND TAKE IT

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing."

try removing the key with it in N instead of P. if the car thinks is in gear it will not let the key out. i think a bad N safety switch on 5 speeds or Park Neutral switch on autos will cause a head ache.

try pushing the selector hard and holding it in P.

Archived