LegacyGT.com

Using home stereo rca's?

Dsfa

I have some really nice home stereo rca cables that are just hanging around the house, and I was wondering if the could be used in my car?

They are Transparent Super cables with the filter boxes built in them and seem to be well insulated.

Do you guys think they would be ok ?

They seen to be shielded very well,in fact they have alot more insulation than the Tsunami cables that Iam using now.

Is their something done differently with car stereo cables ?

I was making a joke man.

<------ used to sell Transparent and knew Karen Black

Car stereo cables normally are twisted pair with heavy shielding. Transparent uses a radio noise filter in the 'network' or black box inline on the cable. Using Transparent cable in the car is like using a shotgun to hunt mice.

Pgt, I thought you were joking but I didnt want say anything.

The cables were like $400 a meter . so I guess it would be overkill to use them with $ 200 amp .

Well I am going to try then anyway! I will let you guys know if they make a difference lol!

Acutally, telephone wire is noise sensitive, but the alternative (cat 5) has twisted pairs, and is pretty good for eliminating noise.

Shielded cables are certainly a good idea in the car, but home AV cables can sometimes work, too. Just keep in mind - fatter insulation does not always mean more/better shielding...

Archived