LegacyGT.com

15mpg.. WTF

• Moderators

I used to get similar mileage (15-16 mpg) when I had a 5eat and drove in stop-and-go traffic. It sucked. I changed back to a 5mt and my mileage when up by about 4mpg.

Both cara were protuned and stage 2.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

So it's not that uncommon eh? Damn.. Mine is stage 2 as well. It's getting painful to fill up so much.

My driving isn't stop and go really, it's about 4 stops and then 10-15 minutes highway on cruise. When I took a 2 hour trip going 75 all the way, I averaged about 19mpg. Ouch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ya I am stock and get an average of 16-18(on a good driving). Right now this tank has started off at 21.3 and stayed for about 60 miles but I'm expecting it to drop down to 18 by end of day tomorrow. Then again I do drive like an asshole most of the time so it's my fault for the most part.

• Moderators

The 5eats really suck a lot of the energy out of these cars--BUT, 19mpg on a highway journey also doesn't seem normal--I think I was around 24mpg for highway trips.

I also had a wagon, so my mileage was likely a bit lower than sedans.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Alright. I have a access-port v2 so what should I have logging on there? Very noobish when it comes to logging and such. Thanks for the help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just connect it, log 4 parameters. AF Learning A, B, C, and D I think they're called. Only need to log for a few seconds. If not ABCD, then do 1 2 3 4.

host it on google documents spreadsheet, that way everyone can see without downloading the file.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AoEQtCERuonvdGM2T0s3Yk1UNFVlamhSd05JLXFYN3c&usp=sharing

I suggest check for vacuum and boost leaks. Any exhaust leak(downpipe?) Also, check to see if the blue T fitting under intercooler has 3 hoses attached. Check to see if intercooler has leaks of oil around the plastic endtanks. Check to see if turbo inlet tube is ripped at the turbo.

Boost leak tester can find all this for you. Search the forum to find out how to build one yourself for cheap.

I get about 15-17 driving 14 miles highway and 16 in the suburbs daily. Highway i get upto 26mpg. Also 5eat, just recently stage 2 tuning.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2005-2006-lgt-colored-vacuum-routing-diagram-143225.html check all those connections for leaks. Start your car, and let it idle, make sure its not hot yet, and start spraying brake cleaner everywhere those diagrams show connections. If the rpm's change, then there's your leak. You can also test with a propane tank attached to a hose(be careful, im not responsible if you blow yourself up.)

Or build this and attach it to your turbo intake hose, and listen for leaks.

http://www.rslibertyclub.org/forums/showthread.php?99442-Boost-leak-testers

For small datalogs like that, posting it on google docs is fine, but the preferred way is to attach the CSV file for any datalog that is of more substance. Easier to search/scroll etc. in Excel (or whatever the equivalent is you're using).

Anyway, your AF trims are:

10.4, -0.6,-4.5, -3.6

Which don't really seem to indicate a leak assuming your tuner kept the same AF ranges for trims A,B,C, and D as stock.

Trim A is definitely a bit higher than I'd like, but it's not terrible, and it's really only going to affect your idle.

When was the last time you reflash/reset the ECU? (Don't do it.) Trims B, C and D require some time to settle in and if the flash was recent, that would explain why they don't seem to indicate any sort of leak.

alright there we go. I can confidently say i have absolutely no idea what any of this means :) and I didn't scroll all the way down on the ap to make sure some weren't checked so there's some random things on there, whoops

Only figures from idle. No pull on 3rd or 4th gear from low to max. (a bit quirky to perform on a 5EAT, but without seeing a wide range of RPM it's a bit hard to tell.

Add the manifold pressure and knock counter(s) to the log too.

Be aware that even if the engine detects knock it may also be caused by something that's rattling and is picked up by the knock sensor. And that can cause bad fuel economy.

453747.png

I'm still having the same issue except I'm getting ~13mpg. I've tried plugs, coils, both cats replaced, cleaned injectors, fuel lines and throttle. I'm going to have my ecu tuned but they can't fit me in `til January.

Archived