LegacyGT.com

2008-2009 LGT Is my impression about right?

Bruins1982

So, I've been using the nifty new thing called "search." I know, I've never heard of it either. From what I gather so far, the 08-09 LGT is great car. However, like any turbo engine, it must be maintained religiously. Remove the screen prior to the turbo, get a reflash of the ECU if it stutters (auto), and ALWAYS get it tuned regardless of how small a mod is. Follow these simple rules, and all will be well. Do I have this about right? Looking for something reliable as a daily driver, you know?

Actually quite reliable (if you stop reading this forum right now :lol: )

There is no guaranty that doing steps X Y or z will stop any problem from happening.

Every car will eventually break (except for the Spec B :wub: ) eventually.

Coming from GM. I know ALL about cars breaking down!!! I suppose you never see threads like, "My car is not breaking down right now." Thanks for the heads up. ;)

Actually we just had a thread going around about how long people have been running their stock turbos. I still have the banjo bolt filter in and change the oil every 3500 or so miles. My 08 has 40k miles and the only issue I've had is a front wheel bearing going out because of a curb and pothole, but the bearings are under warranty until 80k regardless of how it gets damaged (at least at my dealer).

You only need to tune it if you change the air flow (filter, intake, downpipe) or injection system (that's for stage three which a lot of people don't mess with).

As long as you take care of the engine like you should, there aren't any problems that every LGT has at a given mileage. Good luck if you decide to pull the trigger on an 08 or 09, they are great cars.

It's cool; I'm with the band

It depends on who you ask, whole lotta opinions..

Yeah Pens!!

http://www.malkin-71.net/photos/evgeni-malkin-7.jpg;)

:lol: Thanks for the advice friend!

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k368/davidsneedham/Bruins_Score.jpg

http://i325.photobucket.com/albums/k368/davidsneedham/Pens_coach.jpg

That's not even our current coach, out-dated pics ftl :lol:;)..

Couple good games tonight, good luck in the playoffs..

I know! How much time am I gonna spend looking for current pics?! I have a LITTLE bit of a life!!! You'll also notice that the player scoring is not on the Bruins anymore either. ;) Good luck to you too.

Actually we just had a thread going around about how long people have been running their stock turbos. I still have the banjo bolt filter in and change the oil every 3500 or so miles. My 08 has 40k miles and the only issue I've had is a front wheel bearing going out because of a curb and pothole, but the bearings are under warranty until 80k regardless of how it gets damaged (at least at my dealer).

You only need to tune it if you change the air flow (filter, intake, downpipe) or injection system (that's for stage three which a lot of people don't mess with).

As long as you take care of the engine like you should, there aren't any problems that every LGT has at a given mileage. Good luck if you decide to pull the trigger on an 08 or 09, they are great cars.

That's encouraging to hear. Much obliged. ;)

Archived