LegacyGT.com

Luo's Custom Exhaust- Any good?

WiseXT

Anyone have a custom exhaust fabricated at Luo's Custom Exhaust? I've got a '05 OBXT and my flange between my mid- and y-pipe just went. I'm strapped for cash so I was thinking about having Luo's fab me up a 3" SS CBE. All said and done- $700. I went to the Portsmouth location, but they're all over the place. Anyone know if one is better than the other? Any other custom exhaust places in the Portsmouth Area? Any reccomendations for cans that won't produce too much drone? I don't want too loud of an exhaust, especially with the wagon. Like I said- I'd like to keep it right around that $700 mark. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Have you checked out the Magnaflow CBE 16747? There are some vendors that may sell it to you for 650$. One mod you'd have to do is cut the muffler tips and get some 'bent' ones to get the mufflers to fit for the OBXT. The Magnaflow CBE 16747 is specifically made for the LGT but a few people here successfully installed it on OBXT.

see: http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/63-gallery/42659-introducing-mrs-lalgts-infamous-tuned-obxt-5mt-limited.html

Thanks for the posts guys. Searching for the Magnaflow made me find the Fast MS CBE. There's been some discussion about the FMS being quiter than the MF and that's what I'm looking for. Only $600 too. I'm going to do some more research about altering the hangers, and I've got a buddy who can weld SS. Buying a name brand exhaust sounds like a better idea, and I'd much rather install it myself. I can probably get the down turned tips just about anywhere, right?

Also, any issue with mating the OEM DP flange with the after market CBE flange?

Any other recommendations for a less subtle sound, less drone? I'm worried about the noise reverberation in the wagon.

Check out Youtube. There are plenty of decent videos with good sound clips. Even on the exhaust section of this forum, there may be some videos which may be of interest to you.

In my case, I still use my stock cans which I am sick of. I am interested in the Magnaflow 16747 kit CBE at the moment. I believe it is not too loud and not too droney either. We shall see..

No not Magnaflow.....Lou's custom exhaust. I used them once to help out on a build I was doing. The job they did had to be redone back at my shop. They did not follow my verbal or written instructions let alone the diagram that was left for them. They obviously did what was best for them. Tucking a 3" exhaust under a Camro is hard work but not impossible to do without touching the floor or suspension, they managed both!

No not Magnaflow.....Lou's custom exhaust. I used them once to help out on a build I was doing. The job they did had to be redone back at my shop. They did not follow my verbal or written instructions let alone the diagram that was left for them. They obviously did what was best for them. Tucking a 3" exhaust under a Camro is hard work but not impossible to do without touching the floor or suspension, they managed both!

I see.

Thanks guys for the insight. I picked up an invidia q300 from someone on the forum for a great deal. I'm going to attempt to get the mid and y on today. Got to have someone alter the quad tips and hangers on the mufflers. Does anyone know if the hanger on the mid has to be altered as well for fit-up on the OB?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Archived