LegacyGT.com

Before I buy a new Throttle positioning sensor

Brand new to the subie world, I was doing some digging and kept reading that its rare the TPS goes so before I buy anything I wanted to throw this to the forum.

CEL came on, throwing a TPS error (I didn't jot it down). Reset it at the shop and 12 hrs later back on (same day). I was shifting her around 3/4000 rpm with a little spirt for about 10km when the light came back on. Idle sometimes drops back down to 5/600 but quite mainly around 1100 right now.

I'm going to go through the Haynes Manuel that I got tonight but experience is the best tool.

Btw, it's a 97 legacy GT Sedan, just got it as a winter car but may become more of a daily.

James

Not sure if it does - my 97 is NA. still running into issues after the shop, I was experiencing some weird behavior with my skyline when I first bought it as well (idle/accelerating etc) and resoldering MAF did the trick. I think I saw the same type of box near the intake - I'm going to open it up to see if the same trick works twice. Otherwise looks like I get to buy a new TPS sensor, unless anyone knows where you can get the entire throttle body

yeah I might just replace it - kennyfvholla, what kind of condition are both pieces in? Im just trying to decide if I really need the entire throttle body as mines in good shape, and the only real electrical part is the actual TPS right?

Thanks for the insight and info monkeyposeur, and for the reference, so to speak.

yeah I might just replace it - kennyfvholla, what kind of condition are both pieces in? Im just trying to decide if I really need the entire throttle body as mines in good shape, and the only real electrical part is the actual TPS right?

Thanks for the insight and info monkeyposeur, and for the reference, so to speak.

You are right spencer87. Some people just swap over the a whole new intake mani w/tps because it is quick and easy to do so.

Sometimes its better to not ever take the tps out. I still never got my old one working again.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Everything I have is in great condition, with the exception of one of my two throttle body's. Something is wrong and it's stuck partially open.

I have two complete intake manifolds, one with the messed up throttle body

Archived