LegacyGT.com

No Legacy Wagons

prof555

I want to urge everyone here in the forum to send lots of E mails to Subaru complaining about the unavailability of the Legacy wagon in ANY form here in the US.Ive sent three already. They will give you a song and dance about what the product planners want and even lie about the car not being produced. Obviously we know its being manufactured; we can see the 08 wagons on Canadian sites for gods sake! They must think we are stupid. It wouldnt surprise me if the 08 wagons for Canada are being manufactured here in the US where we cant buy them.My family has owned 8 Subarus...all wagons with the exception of my sons STI. We currently have 3 Legacy wagons, two of them GTs; 2004, 1999, 1998. I guess Ill be looking at a Mazda 6 wagon this year. Im REALLY angry about this.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Someone at Subaru was actually paying attention. Unfortunately for you Subaru does not need to produce the Legacy Wagon, they have the Outback and Forrester. There just isn't enough market share to warrant producing it here in the U.S.
OBAMA......One Big Ass Mistake America!

Yeah, Canada still gets the wagon. Not only that, but they can still get MT in the LGT wagon, we only had it in 2005 (I scored!).

http://www.subaru.ca/PrintDataSheet02.asp?WebSiteID=282&Range=Legacy&ModelYear=2007&WebPageID=6143&SpecCategory=all&View=Selected&PageNumber=1&PrintDataSheet=Y&DeSelected=7,9,5,6,1,3,4,2,

I wonder if USDM 08' Legacy Sedan Gauge cluster would fit into a 08' Canadian Legacy Wagon 5mt.

The gauge cluster w/ kmph is basically the only difference between the cars, so if someone wants a MT Wagon so badly can just cross the border and bring one back i guess.

Someone at Subaru was actually paying attention. Unfortunately for you Subaru does not need to produce the Legacy Wagon, they have the Outback and Forrester. There just isn't enough market share to warrant producing it here in the U.S.

You might be right about the market share, who knows. This I am pretty sure of, they will lose sales in the market share category I am in. Those that whant the room to easily transport and stow their toys yet have a car that is just as fun to drive as a sport sedan.

For me it is mountain bike and surfboard transport. Sure you can accomplish this with a sedan but it is a pain. There are other brands to absorb the market share SOA is going to lose.

I wonder if USDM 08' Legacy Sedan Gauge cluster would fit into a 08' Canadian Legacy Wagon 5mt.

The gauge cluster w/ kmph is basically the only difference between the cars, so if someone wants a MT Wagon so badly can just cross the border and bring one back i guess.

:lol: Sorry, I don't mean to laugh in a rude way... but would you pay THIS for a MT Wagon???

2.5GT Wagon

Power: 243 hp @ 6000 rpm

Cargo Area: 1851L

Seating capacity: 5

Vehicle MSRP $41,795

That's with NO options and it equals just OVER $40K USD!!! :eek:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

:lol: Sorry, I don't mean to laugh in a rude way... but would you pay THIS for a MT Wagon???

2.5GT Wagon

Power: 243 hp @ 6000 rpm

Cargo Area: 1851L

Seating capacity: 5

Vehicle MSRP $41,795

That's with NO options and it equals just OVER $40K USD!!! :eek:

It's not too bad a price to get something not avail in the US, plus i think they have to pay that much in europe anyway, and remember they still have to pay more in fuel than we do.

If something ever happens to my '05 LGT Limited 5MT wagon, I would probably replace it with a new OB XT 5MT, lowered with MR OB coilovers, and a JDM 20 mm RSB. The OBs aren't that bad looking, IMO, unless you opt for two-tone. Then you might as well put a rainbow sticker on it. :lol:

It's not too bad a price to get something not avail in the US, plus i think they have to pay that much in europe anyway, and remember they still have to pay more in fuel than we do.

It is available in the US... it's called an Outback. :lol: Besides, this isn't Europe, so why would a US customer pay that? :lol: The Outback XT Limited is $30,995 USD with no options. I'm sorry... I just don't see $10k USD more as "not too bad" when all you're getting is a lowered Outback. :iam:

By the way... the actual market value difference is even more. Canadian dealers do not negotiate like US dealers. There is no starting at invoice and working your way down... believe me, all said and done you're looking at about $12k-$13k USD more OTD. :eek:

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

. I'm sorry... I just don't see $10k USD more as "not too bad" when all you're getting is a lowered Outback. :iam:

There are a few more differences than just a lowered outback, power for one. The outbacks are only kicking out 210hp and have a little tiny WRX intercooler on them. They also only get the baby brakes that come off of the non-turbo's, not the 12.3in 2-piston caliper brakes the Legacy GT's (including wagons) get. And the exhausts are tucked up underneath the bumpers instead of having 2 big cans shot out the back like on the Legacy's. These are all fixable things, but you have to spend a lot more to do it. I just don't understand why they don't keep making the Legacy wagon, even if there isn't some huge market for it. There is still a market, and it doesn't cost much more to produce than a sedan or an outback. And for god sakes, what is going on with color combo's?!?! Why can you not get a pearl car with black leather anymore??? WTF is up with that? Subaru's got a bad case of Rectal-cranial inversion!

There are a few more differences than just a lowered outback, power for one. The outbacks are only kicking out 210hp and have a little tiny WRX intercooler on them.

Say what?

Packed with extra punch, the Outback 2.5 XT Limited is topped off to tackle the toughest terrain. Propelled by a 243-hp turbocharged SUBARU BOXER engine and guided by an optional Navigation Package, no destination is out of bounds.

(I can't comment on the brakes, I just don't know. The exhaust is kinda a "so what?" type thing really).

The outbacks are only kicking out 210hp and have a little tiny WRX intercooler on them.

???

I just don't understand why they don't keep making the Legacy wagon, even if there isn't some huge market for it.

SIA is building Legacy Wagons in Indiana but SOA does not sell them.

Krzys

PS http://www.subaru.com delivers ;-)

Ummmmm no. Since 2005, it's been the EXACT same engine for the XT as the GT. Brakes... I'll have to investigate. The engine is the same, not sure who told you otherwise. :iam:

I stand corrected. The outback's do have the 250hp engine... duh.... I must be thinking of the Forester's... But I'm right about the baby brakes. Can anyone comment whether the XT's have the same limited-slip rear that the Legacy GT's do?

Brakes on 2008 Outback XT:

front: 11.5 x 1.18 ventilated disc, twin caliper piston

rear: 10.6 solid disc, single caliper piston

Brakes on 2008 Legacy GT:

front: 12.3 vented front disc

rear: 11.3 vented rear disc

So, yeah the brakes are different. It does have the limited slip rear along with standard VTD and VDC on the MT.

Ummmmm no. Since 2005, it's been the EXACT same engine for the XT as the GT. Brakes... I'll have to investigate. The engine is the same, not sure who told you otherwise. :iam:

No LGT wagon? 4 years of the same old engine. Now THAT's bad. Even Camry has more power nowadays.

:lol: Hey, I had to explain it in detail, some people don't know about the mass Canadian hosing going on. ;)

:lol:

Do you know what they charge for new STi's up here? better be sitting down when you find out!

^^^^^

Wait a minute.................. we Canadians are GETTING SCREWED OVER on prices of Subarus???

Phil- did you know about this???!!!!1:lol::rolleyes:

OMG really ? This must be brought to everyone's attention immediately :lol:

BTW, Canadian dealers do negotiate, just harder than their Southern counterparts. They have the car, you want it ? Then pay the price.

:lol:

Do you know what they charge for new STi's up here? better be sitting down when you find out!

Ohhhh I've walked into the Langley Subaru dealer just to laugh a few times. :lol: Last time was for an '07 Spec.B.......... drum rolllllll...........

$45k CAD! :eek::spin::lol:

Archived