LegacyGT.com

More people checking out the LGT?

Today I was coming back to work from lunch and was waiting to make a right at a light. To the left of me waiting to go straight was a kid and his girl friend driving a older light blue civic hatch. The guy was starting hard, moving his head back and forth I think trying to get a clue as to what I had or just checking it out. Was staring at the car for a good 30 seconds before I made my right turn. Nice to know the car still gets looks like my WRX used to, but not nearly as many hehe.

I was getting gas this past Sunday and a early twenties guy was getting out of a newer Audi A4 1.8T. He looks at my car and asks "Is that the new Legacy?" Yup, it is. "Turbo right?. Yes, indeed. "Sweet car man!" Thanks. As he and his friends drove away, I could clearly hear an aftermarket blowoff valve. Pssssssst!

i was at the self service car wash - waiting inline and this guy mid 20s was behind me. as i pull up to the machine and got out, he asked me what car it was, and how it was a nice car. i debagged it so he was trying to figure out what it was and who made it.

Already, I had a woman tell me in a parking lot, nice new Altima :evil: She was looking at the headlights. Otherwise, in my first day of ownership, it hasn't turned too many heads. This morning, I tried to wave to someone driving an 05 Outback XT. He just gave me the [img]http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/images/smilies/bigeek.gif[/img] and kept on driving.

[quote name='plunk10']Already, I had a woman tell me in a parking lot, nice new Altima :evil: She was looking at the headlights. Otherwise, in my first day of ownership, it hasn't turned too many heads. This morning, I tried to wave to someone driving an 05 Outback XT. He just gave me the [img]http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/images/smilies/bigeek.gif[/img] and kept on driving.[/quote] the first time my brother in law and my sis saw it (which was a couple weekends ago), they thought it was an audi from it's rear end. they were impressed at the styling the GT had inside. the next neighbors complimented the new GT as well. when i went to pick up my nephew in the city, my sister and brother in law's neighbors gravitated to the GT as if it were some no fangled invention. which leads me to believe, that in my eyes, despite it having a sleek, subtle design, it can turn heads

At a BBQ I asked some friends that had not seen the car (we were on the balcony) what they thought it was. The overwhelming answer was TL with modified hood. I get a lot of "thats a Subaru". I have noticed many ppl checking the car out. The best was when i was at my parents house, I looke dout the window and saw two kids walking by my car and looking at it. I thought they were thinking aobut breaking in to the car, but they doubled back and looked a good couple of minutes at it, and put their hands up to the driverside window to look in. thats when i chirped the alarm and sent them on their way! I have owned my GT for a month now (2300km) and have been lookinga t this car since early june. I have yet to see another Legacy GT sedan in Vancouver Canada. I have only seen two MY05 Outbacks one 2.5i Legacy sedan and one GT Wagon. I love having a rare car. My friends wonder why i wan tto mod the car to make it more unique when there are no other ones on the road as it were! Still going to get the mesh grill, LOL

My Legacy did not come in a bag, so I'm unfamiliar with "debagging". I checked twice. Rubber floor mats in the trunk, owner's manual, 3 keys, two remotes, but no bag. :P P.S.: A cop raced me in my Mach1 last week. My garbage man asked me about my Legacy today. (Of course, the sanitation engineer makes twice what the police officer does.)

Archived