LegacyGT.com

Quick UP question

Kevin03045

After doing extensive searching I have come to the conclusion that the CEL you can get from removing the UP EGT probe is eliminated with a Cobb AP Ver2. And I don’t have to do the 2.2 KOhm 1/2 watt resistors in the harness plug where the probe goes. Is this a correct statement???

No idea. If you can afford to spend on a AP2 you can afford $1.99 for a resistor fix which literally takes 10 seconds including snipping down the resistor and opening the hood. PM me if you need pics.

I understand but why do something if you don’t have to... Work smarter not harder...:lol:

Should not hurt anything. I have seen them zip tied in the engine bay.

^ what he said. I was being funny when I said let it hang out in the engine bay, but was also serious.

The reason I did the 2.2k .5w resist mod was to get the opensource going quick. We were able to remove my sensor undamaged so I just unplugged it. It has 2 tips so it is obvious where to put each end of the resistor. I figured the resistor would not give me issues later and I could put the sensor back in and go to stock easy enough.

The resistor is really easy to do. It looks like this:

----------<XXX>----------

With anything handy (snips, wirecutters, scissors) cut the long wire leads to look like this:

-----<XXX>-----

Bend it into a U and insert it where the sensor previously was in your harness. Stage 2 resistor mod option: cover with electrical tape to keep dry.

EDIT: The resistors come in packs of 5. If you have no "shack" local I will send you a few! I have 4 extra!

Trace the line from the sensor up to right next to the passenger side top hat. There is a bracket holding the plug connectors for the EGT and front O2. Disconnect the EGT connector. In the end that goes back into the harness (not the end going to the EGT sensor) shove the resistor in. One end into each of the two terminals. Shorting the two together through the resistor. Wrap it up with electrical tape to keep it in and dry.

Sorry, no sensor on my two 08's or I would snap a pic for you.

Archived