LegacyGT.com

Weird sound on right turns.

Sebastian

Was driving home the other night when I heard a metal popping sound from underneath the front end. By the time I got home I realized it only happened when I made right turns (not every right turn) and it usually made 2 "pops". Not sure but I think it only happened when there was uneven pavement. The guy riding with me said it sounded like it was coming from the left side of the car.

I jacked the car up and couldn't see anything wrong, but I don't really know what to look for. Car is stock except for Cobb sways.

Any ideas on what I should look for???

• Mega Users

my 05 sedan has made that popping/creaking (like OP said sounds like

two distinct pops) sound about 3 different times. Sound definitely came

from the driver's side wheelarea. All three times it happened were in

the exact same spot.It's when I'm at a complete stop and then i make

a left hand turngoing over a slight apex under fairly hard acceleration (not WOT).

I have also tried to recreate it but no to avail

• 2 weeks later...

Well the sound got worse. It started doing it anytime I was driving over rough pavement. Got under the car again and couldn't see anything wrong.

Thinking I was going to end up taking it to the dealer, I put the factory FSB back on. Now the sound is gone, I think. I just got back from test drive after putting the stock FSB on. Any ideas what the sound could be?

My car made the same noise...right up until the left front sway bar bushing bolt holding the bushing collar was ripped out and I had a free floating sway bar. Granted, I had installed a fat rear sway bar, sti pink springs(on my spec B) and was making HARD right turns. Careful, I know others who have done this!!

Archived