LegacyGT.com

North-East OHIO 2.5GTs ? Sighting, GTGs, etc.

TSiWRX

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

PM me your e-mail addy, and I'll get a message to their Admin.

There's an ongoing initial password setup issue. Sorry!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 4 weeks later...

wow nearly a month of no posts in this thread.

i sure am glad i left the state of ohio. things are going well for me. very well. best decision ever. wish i had made it sooner.

on a side note, i found my rev limiter today. a quick look down shows 7krpm is fuel cut. anyone else hit it? it was a fresh rain and i have a bad habbit of getting sideways around corners.

^ :lol: Yep, I found the limiter a couple of times, when the car was newer (and me less used to it), and without the cat-back (I come from a long line of DSMs - some of which were quite loud). Without the same visceral feedback that I'd gotten from my cars (I've had DSMs since I started driving), well, you can imagine. :oops:

Glad you're having fun down there! Now change your profile to read the proper place! :)

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

^ Oh man.... :( I hope the suit goes well!

saw a silver LGT Ltd. wagon on Lorain Road and W.130ish in a church/school parking lot. im guessing an employee as it was backed in and right next to the door :lol: oh, also had a black bra on the front. i was quite excited, only the second LGT wagon ive seen in Cleveland.

^ Super rare, ain't they? :)

Some woman also freaked out when she saw my LGT, when we passed each other in my work garage.

:lol:

• 4 weeks later...
Question for any of you who are running Stage 2 and are subject to emissions testing. What set up are you running (what cats are you retaining if any) and were you able to pass emissions? I am getting ready to go stage 2 and want to pick the set up that will not cause me problems in the future for either maryland or ohio emissions. My initial thoughts are to get a shorty dp and retain my up pipe cat and my last cat. But If I could pass emissions, I would prefer to go with a full catless dp. Advise? Thanks in advance. Edited by CwhillVT

^ The UP cat should not be retained, for "safety," for "Stage II" applications.

More than likely, you'd easily pass the visual for the Ohio, as they don't have any idea what they're looking for, even if you had a test-pipe in place of the third/last cat. They honestly won't know to look for your UP cat, which is buried way underhood, anyway.

As for the last cat, well-tuned Scoobys should pass it, without, with no issues - so a high-flow aftermarket or even a test-pipe with a cosmetic visual "cover" welded over it, to simulate the looks of a last cat, should easily do. I'm not sure if they even bother putting the car on the sniffer, any more, if you're AWD, but with either the AccessPORT or ECUTeK engine-management, we pass OBD-II without a blink.

I've retained the third/last cat, simply out of consideration for my wifey, who had to suffer through years of my catless DSMs. :lol:

I still don't know about passing OH emissions, on my vehicle, yet, though, as I'm still exempt.

More than a few on LERSOC are running without any cats, and still pass OH.

Hope this helps!

I honestly have been out of the upgrade market for so long, that I can no longer make good recommendations. :redface:

I'm among the school that, quality issues aside (i.e. imperfect flanges), even rigid UPs should do just fine, provided that the installer is competent.

That said:

My initial installation of the Crucial UP (one piece) with Crucial copper gaskets proved flawed - my error (I'd forgotten to heat-cycle/re-torque). The lower junction, between the UP and the passenger's side manifold, eventually leaked.

I re-did the job, again using the Crucial Copper gaskets, and now, it's been over 2 years, and it still hasn't had any problems.

I think that a part of the issue is indeed the installer, but I won't go so far to say that's always the case, as I truly believe that the other major influencing issue is the unique vehicle-to-vehicle production/parts tolerances and variances.

By going with a flex'ed UP, you can likely sidestep this issue.

I'm in Canton OH. Got a used 99 Legacy sedan...non GT =\ I'm only 18 though, can't quite afford much more. =P

Mine (once fixed) will be one of the very few around here. It sucks, no entertaining cars anymore.

That was me. Sadly, the wheels are Rotas, not Prodrives. I guess they are a pretty good copy :)

I was checking out your car as well. The tint looks sharp with ABP.

BTW, I just got the car back and so far I am very happy with the work they did. All the repairs were done at Automotive Excellence in North Royalton, in case anyone is looking for a quality place for body work.

That was me. Sadly, the wheels are Rotas, not Prodrives. I guess they are a pretty good copy :)

hey krompir... i live in Berea and we basically have the same car :lol:

what Rotas do you have? i have a set of PFF7's coming from Colorado as i type this. are we going to be twins? well have to get together.

Bob

I live in Parma, but work in Mayfield Hts., so you can usually see my car going back and forth on 480.

I have Rota Tarmac III in Full Royal Sport Bronze - 18x8. :cool:

http://www.subydude.com/images/prod/products/Wheels/rota/tarmac3/500/500/t3_frsb.jpg

Edited by krompir

hi have a set of PFF7's coming from Colorado as i type this. are we going to be twins?

We're going to be wheel-twins, Bob. :)

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u259/TSi_WRX/119-1922_IMG.jpg

Very, very dirty....I haven't been out to wash her in more than a couple weeks. :redface:

But that's properly inflated, though, even though it looks like it's not. I'm anal about that. :p

What tires are you putting on?

The PFF7s are a great choice for Cleveland-Metro. Although they're my "summers," I honestly don't even wince when I go through rough areas. They're heavy, but they're super-strong.

I got my set second-hand, off a fellow LERSOCer, for a song. They're scraped-up a bit, but being that Winky's a daily driver, I figured that it would just take the sting out of my own mishaps, and boy, am I glad I did.

I'm thinking about getting them refinished (currently still the factory Bright Flitter), though, come next season.

i cant wait! but i wont be mounting them until next Spring. my RE-92s at SHOT and im putting snows on the stockers. (17" snows are expensive :mad: )

i do a lot of driving so i need a hard summer tire, but still want them sporty. i guess ill end up with an all season on them. i got caught one year in a snowstorm in the third week of April on Michelin Pilot Sports :eek: :eek:.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/westy66/PFF718s.jpg

Yep, 17" snows aren't cheap. :(

I paid slightly more for my 3Ds (225/45/17) than I did for my RS-2s (225/40/18).

What kind of snows are you looking for? "Performance winters," or something more hardcore?

---

I totally agree with your outlook on the "summer" set, though. Indeed, if mileage is a consideration, you truly should go the all-season route. PSs in the snow? that sounds like awful fun...more on the awful side, much more. ;)

I violated my own rule, this year, and put my summers back on before Mother's Day weekend. It got decently cold, and there were a couple of times when I thought to myself...gee, it's not gonna be pretty, if it starts to freeze-over, today. :lol:

• 1 month later...

Hey, new member here, first post.. My name is Mike (from Medina).

i am a regular on IWSTI and NASIOC.. and once upon a time had a name on LERSOC. usually under NSTiG8 or HowBoutThemApplz

anyhow.. SUBARU MEET every Thursday at Quaker Steak and Lube in Valley view. Not far from anyone in the Cleveland area really, so you have no excuses not to be there..

last weekend we had 10 wrx's, 4 STi's, 1 OBP LGT (stage 2), and a old school (2000) rs, and a 2008 impreza rs hatch.

Stop by for a meet and greet, i know there are TONS of LGT owners in the area.. Don't hide, come and enjoy the Subie love..

Thursdays at QSL starting around 6:30-7pm. Good meets and good eats. Plus there is a game show where it takes ZERO effort to win, but these fat people are so drunk that its kinda funny.... :lol:

email me if you need more info, howboutthemapplz@aol.com

Hope to meet some of you soon!! I'll be there tonight!

and as any good post should have, at least a picture or two. (even if the quality is sh!t.

http://img527.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mimeattachment14ng2.jpg

My buddy's WRX

http://img160.imageshack.us/my.php?image=mimeattachment12yj4.jpg

^ Glad to see you here, too! :D

----

NEW SIGHTING! -

Thursday, 10/2 - 4:30 PM, Moreland Hills/Orange Township.

Westbound Miles Road.

I was waiting to turn out of my brother-in-law's subdivision (Boulder Creek), and just as I came to the intersection, I noticed the tail of an ABP 2.5GT, going up the hill (westbound) between SOM Center Rd. and Lander Rd.

Unfortunately, traffic prevented me from giving chase, and I had to turn off at Lander.... I believe you kept going west, on Miles.

It appeared from my rushed sighting that your car had an aftermarket exhaust....my windows were up, as Anna was in the back - stereo on and with me calling my in-laws on the Bluetooth, so I can't be sure on that count.

Anyone here?

Edited by TSi+WRX