LegacyGT.com

B4 in HK

Well, I am in Hong Kong for business, and I take some time to visit the Subaru Showroom in HK to see what a B4 looks.

Anyways, the sticker price is $338,000 HKD which equals $44,500 USD.

Owning a car in HK is more expensive cause of duties and other things.

I did see on 2005 Legacy wagon on the road, but most cars were BMW, MB and more Porsches than in The OC.

Showrooms in HK are much different than in the USA, that is for sure:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/iyamdman/IYDM-HK-SUBI-Store.jpg

Anyways, the B4 is basically out GT with a 2.0 liter engine and a twin-scroll turbo. The window sticker rated it at 267 hp. The engine looks the same:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/iyamdman/IYDM-HK-SUBI-B4-Engine.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/iyamdman/IYDM-HK-SUBI-B4-Front.jpg

I did like the blue tint B4 Rocker panels:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/iyamdman/IYDM-HK-SUBI-B4-Door-Runners.jpg

The radio $%$^&$@%^(*^% SOA:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/iyamdman/IYDM-HK-SUBI-B4-Radio.jpg

Note on the McIntosh - it is a 2 piece face plate, so you have to get both, and the shifter surround to match if you are bothered. And then make them work on LHD (I've yet to see it on a Euro model, although I could be wrong).

The system sounds sweet :)

Um Genius, the blue tint you speak of is the protective plastic over the chrome panel :rolleyes:

LOL - Hahahahah!!!

It must be all that f-ing opium I 've been snorting!!! :lol: :lol:

Well, I am now in Taiwan, and on the way to my hotel I stoped that car right after we passed the Subi dealer here in Taipai - ran in - saw thay have a Legacy 3.0 (I shit you not!) and ran right back out to the cab.

Told my business partners here, that they got to take me back for an hour, if they want to do business with me.:cool:

I will get pictures up ASAP.

Oh Yeah,

I got a bunch of HK Legacy catalogs - man, they are sooooooooo much better then the USA one.

SOA looks more and more like, well...a, uh...basketcase?!?

Can't wait to get a Legacy 3.0R catalog.

Subi is so close to a 3.0 turbo.

Oh yeah, in HK, the deal said they don't get a Spec B., but they think they will get a Legacy STI in a year.

they still open at mid-night?

No, it was earlier in the day.

I just got back after drowning in a tub of cheep Taiwan beer.

Can't wait for that 9:00am meeting tomarrow!!!

Hopefully, I can sleep tonight.

Skylines are cheap. When I was there, I saw a used white 4-door in perfect condition for something like 9kUSD. You could probably talk the guy down to about 8k. They don't have the same appeal as here in the states. Cars in HK are like clothes. It's "in" 1 week and "omg you're wearing(driving) that?" the next. The only thing that keeps it going is how long people want to keep it going. I think currently the Evo and the Mini's are hot. The Evos will definitely stick around for awhile. I came back with a couple mags with almost a complete recipe to build a 500ps track version. Crazy stuff.

Note on the McIntosh - it is a 2 piece face plate, so you have to get both, and the shifter surround to match if you are bothered. And then make them work on LHD (I've yet to see it on a Euro model, although I could be wrong).

The system sounds sweet :)

And then there's the whole matter of doing frequency conversion to the US spectrum. Of course, assuming the Mac had aux inputs, Ipod or other mass-storage would take care of that. ;)
Founder - The Harry F. Johnson Memorial Fund

iamdaman - thanks for posting the pics.

You can say that again almondcookie - the people that buy cars usually don't keep them very long, like everything else, you have to have the latest and greatest to keep up with the Joneses (or would that be Wongs). Used car values seem to fall quicker than in the US.

I am going to be back the beggining of next year and am going to do some shopping in Mong Kok. I bet they will have some cool parts and accessorises.

Skylines are cheap. When I was there, I saw a used white 4-door in perfect condition for something like 9kUSD. You could probably talk the guy down to about 8k. They don't have the same appeal as here in the states. Cars in HK are like clothes. It's "in" 1 week and "omg you're wearing(driving) that?" the next. The only thing that keeps it going is how long people want to keep it going. I think currently the Evo and the Mini's are hot. The Evos will definitely stick around for awhile. I came back with a couple mags with almost a complete recipe to build a 500ps track version. Crazy stuff.

I like that the car people are pretty friendly... I mean, I don't know much about anything and this guy walked into the same shop i was getting a t-shirt from and he's like "hey mr store owner ... what can i do to make my celica go faster?". he's asking this as i'm coming up to the counter and i was like "get another car". I didn't mean it in a negative way but there's really not a lot you can do (with what HK and HK tuners have to offer) to make your car mad quik y0. he was like "oh.. that sucks".

... another guy in the shop said ".. get a supra and then come back. we have a lot of stuff for that". that put a smile on his face. =).

(buying a car for the mods .. and not buying a car because of the car .. hmm)

back on topic .. i haven't been to any real subaru dealerships come to think of it. i like the signage in the pictures. very japanese like.

Archived