LegacyGT.com

In need of urgent assistance

Car is 1999 Brighton, with an ej22 phase 2. Not MAF system, it IS speed density.

Here's my issue;

Speedo, tach, and engine temp all shit out at once, gas level is still working properly. I checked all connections to make sure there wasn't a short somewhere or a loose connection.

What has me the most concerned is how my radiator fans are constantly running now, s they really never did before unless it was a very very hot day. Its 27 degrees in buffalo today..

Where should I head next?

Does this sound like a short or electrical issue, or would all of this be connected to the t-stat somehow?

Thanks in advanced guys!

Also, I've tried resetting the ECU numerous times the way that I read how, and it never follows the "reset ecu sequence" I guess you could say. It doesn't go up to 2k and work its way down or nothing.

I tried leaving the battery disconnected for a while and also tried leaving the negative off and pumping the brake 20 times or whatever to try and reset it.

Not sure if this would even do anything.

Thanks again.

Hello;

I would download a manual of your car with a wiring diagram. First thing on my list would be to check the temp sensor. Also check fan control module if there is one. The ECU controls all of these items, so might be failing. Steven.

Thanks Steven,

Ill go thru that and where I think I may be drawing to much current for my backlight on my vacuum gauge.

I think that may have an issue as it is an incondecent bulb

check your grounds too!

Its strange because the car thinks its cold now and it idles high.

Now that I disconnected the dash cluster it doesn't run the fans constantly..

Wonder if the idle will peer down now...

Didn't add anything else to the electrical system besides that. I also plan on doing that grounding kit regardless. Turned out to be a couple loose connections to the interior fuse panel and the meter/srs 15A was blown to shit. Fixed it and everything came back online. Super weird.

The no temp reading mustve send a signal that made the car think it was cold. It wouldn't kick off high idle after 30 mins of driving.

Glad I found the issue. Thanks all!

Archived