LegacyGT.com

OEM/JDM window visors/ rain visors?

They are a pain in the arse to find, even though I believe they were available domestically in the US in the early years of the Gen 2's. I recently saw a stock-looking 95 wagon on the road with these, it seems unlikely to me that they were going for the JDM look. If the language barrier is the biggest problem getting JDM items from Japan, you could get in touch with hansvonaxion, he exports all sorts of cool JDM stuffs from Japan to USA and elsewhere. Also check out the UK because they import JDM cars all the time - UKLegacy.com forum classifieds and ebay.co.uk. There was a rumor of a shop in the UK that would sell them brand new as of a year or two ago, but I was unable to get anywhere with that (I think they closed down). NZ is one more idea, try http://www.strongforsubaru.com/home.html

Do you mean the monsoons? If so they're an absolute pig to get in NZ without damage to them. You can get the older style horrible purple looking ones easily though, the newer darker on later gtb's (96 onwards) are much harder to get :/

Do you mean the monsoons? If so they're an absolute pig to get in NZ without damage to them. You can get the older style horrible purple looking ones easily though, the newer darker on later gtb's (96 onwards) are much harder to get :/

Monsoons? Elaborate plz

This set will work on 2nd gen cars.

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/dp/B0001EXPA2/ref=pe_175190_21431760_cs_sce_dp_1]Amazon.com: Auto Ventshade 94922 Ventvisor 4-Piece Smoke Window Visor: Automotive[/ame]

rocket legacy gt, has them on his bg, and looks great

Considering they're on just about every Japanese car they should be easy to find used but they aren't. Did find a set not long ago and wanted them for my own car but was too slow and missed out. So if I ever find more ill grab them first, ask questions later.

Like camroncamera I remember someone in the uk finding a source for new ones at a good price but can't remember the details, or hang on, maybe it was from a dealer in the US? Might be worth asking.

Japanparts.com has them new for $270 plus shipping etc.

Considering they're on just about every Japanese car they should be easy to find used but they aren't. Did find a set not long ago and wanted them for my own car but was too slow and missed out. So if I ever find more ill grab them first, ask questions later.

Like camroncamera I remember someone in the uk finding a source for new ones at a good price but can't remember the details, or hang on, maybe it was from a dealer in the US? Might be worth asking.

Japanparts.com has them new for $270 plus shipping etc.

270 is steep for plastic, but if something comes up let me know please.

• 2 weeks later...
Think im gonna take one for the team and go ahead an guinea pig the ones for the 3rd gen legacies and see how they fit and give a write on my test results. Everyone deserve rain visors

the guys over at sl-i have been putting 3rd gen rain visors on their 2nd gens works fine and fits with the lines.

• 2 weeks later...
Yeah. Plenty of Canadians here. Still, though, these damn monsoons are hard to come across. I have one set but I need another for my sedan...
My 9.3 cups EJ22 makes me feel like my **** is 2.8 decimeters!

You will pay thought the nose for shipping from Japan, due to oversize package. Its a one piece visor. I have spoke to many ebay seller about get me a used set.

For 58 bucks i'll try the Amazon set!

Yeah I just picked up a set and they're too long to ship.

If they were over the front door only they might short enough.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v291/hansvonaxion/Parts/visors01.jpg

Archived