LegacyGT.com

UT: Replacing cv boot.

S402

looking to do this soon. I know some of you have done this and looking for some advice or help (with pay) if needed.

Is it a front or rear? If it's a front I would really suggest buying an entire reman axle for 50 bucks. It saves a lot of time and headache. The process isn't too hard.

I have an OEM CV axle with just a ripped boot and I also have the whole OEM boot repair kit, if you're interested - I'll sell it to you for a good price. Replacing the CV axle isn't too bad. The worst part is getting the ball joint out. I'm about to replace the CV axles on my Outback... We could do a CV party. :lol:

I have an OEM CV axle with just a ripped boot and I also have the whole OEM boot repair kit, if you're interested - I'll sell it to you for a good price. Replacing the CV axle isn't too bad. The worst part is getting the ball joint out. I'm about to replace the CV axles on my Outback... We could do a CV party. :lol:
If S402 doesn't take you up on your CV party offer, I will. Let's talk.

Rust can be a deal breaker on this job. Broke my lower ball joint through bolt and it became a nightmare. Lots of PB Blaster and be prepared to use an air gun and heat to get things loose. Good luck!

New boot and related parts are pretty cheap from the dealer. Follow this link: http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/replace-rebuild-torn-cv-boot-and-axle-108975.html?t=108975&highlight=axle+walkthrough

Think the part nos are on page two or three. Also note the axle differences when going from a box store, make sure to get the *190 model.

Archived