LegacyGT.com

Headlight cleaning at Detailing shop?

thematador

My headlights are pretty foggy and I'm getting my HID soon.

I figured that it won't be very great looking so I'm thinking of going to a detailing shop to clean it.

How much would they typically charge to clean the headlights?

Thanks.

My headlights are pretty foggy and I'm getting my HID soon.

I figured that it won't be very great looking so I'm thinking of going to a detailing shop to clean it.

How much would they typically charge to clean the headlights?

Thanks.

If they look like mine, they aren't foggy, just alot of tiny knicks, etc... from fallout and road debris. I've seen a walkthrough on VWVortex where someone used a buffer and some super fine sanding pads to make them nice and shiny again.

not sure how much a detail shop would charge for that.

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

What you bought should work.

My mom was complaining about her headlights becoming foggy. They actually sell something like that at WalMart. I picked it up, and it took about an hour start to finish. Came out pretty good.

Its basically a cleaner, fine sand paper, special clearcoat, and some fine cloth.

you just need to wet sand it

edit...

i would mask off your hood and any painted sections

well not VWVortex, but thats what the other guy did:rolleyes:

258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Archived