LegacyGT.com

NYC Subaru Dealer Service Departments

nyc lgt

I am very eager to find a good service department in the city. I took my car to Bay Ridge Subaru (used to be Belt Pkwy Subaru) and was simply shocked at how terrible and uninformed their service dept is. They had very little knowledge of Subaru maintenance -- rotated tires improperly, did not know about proper maintenance schedule, and (just this is just plain shi**y...) filled the windshield washer fluid with water.

So any of you have good/bad comments on City dealers. Any suggestions of which might be best?

Here is a list of city dealers:

Bay Ridge Subaru (Bay Ridge, Bkln)

Universal Subaru (L.I.C., Qns)

Staten Island Subaru (East Shore, SI)

Star Subaru (Bayside, Qns)

Milea Subaru (Throgs Nest, Bx)

So is the short answer here that we must leave city limits for knowledgeable service depts?

I do realize Town Motors is very close... but it is inconvenient for dropping off the car and all. I have had ok experiences over at Smith-Cairns in Yonkers, but I was hoping someone could say that a dealer here in the city was trustworthy and experienced.

I own two subarus. Both get all of their regular warranty work done at Metric. I've never taken either car anywhere else.

Is Metric a dealership? Does not seem so judging from their site. Pardon my ingnorance:icon_neut, but I thought warranty work could only be done at Subaru dealer.

Is a tuning shop really an appropriate place to take the car for something like the 7500 mile service? Big repairs and mods, obviously - but what about standard service?

Metric sounds great!

I bought and have done all my warranty work without issues at Port Motors in Roslyn. Of course they did fill up my oil way over the full line on the first oil change, but when I came back and told them what had happened, they refilled it and gave me two oil changes for free. My next oil change is coming up soon.

I really have had no issues with the warranty work, and I had a few things done in a timely manner.

X

---

Archived