LegacyGT.com

differences between 3.6r and 2.5i

honestly, who offers air conditioning as an option? thats about as standard as a steering wheel now. oh, i see what you're saying now.

i know the 3.6 has bigger front brakes and i think stiffer springs, but i only wanna know about the engine/trans and things like that.

I remember on the old 3.0R Model, it was very similar to the LGT as far as suspension and interior options went. The 07-09 Models had the SI drive, dual zone A/C, LGT Brakes and suspension. TBH in my 2.5 while running the AC in the summer at full blast on the hottest day I have no issues with power.

I remember on the old 3.0R Model, it was very similar to the LGT as far as suspension and interior options went. The 07-09 Models had the SI drive, dual zone A/C, LGT Brakes and suspension. TBH in my 2.5 while running the AC in the summer at full blast on the hottest day I have no issues with power.

In 08 the 3.0 was only offered as a single model. In 09 there was the base and then the 3.0R Limited. The 08 3.0R came with Bilstein suspension but im not sure about the 09s.

In 08 the 3.0 was only offered as a single model. In 09 there was the base and then the 3.0R Limited. The 08 3.0R came with Bilstein suspension but im not sure about the 09s.

In 09 the base 3.0R had LGT suspension and the 3.0R Limited has the Spec B Bilsteins and aluminum control arms. I believe there was a difference in the brakes as well. But I am not sure on that.

Are we discussing differences between 5th gen or 6th gen?

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

5th gen differences of which I know.

3.6r vs 2.5i.

auto vs cvt/6mt (obvious)

H6 vs H4 (obvious)

Brakes (slightly larger on 3.6R and shared with 2.5GT)

Front anti-sway bars are different but same size 26mm (2013+)

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

ok, thanks, i knew all that except the front sway bar. im just curious if ill be able to put an ez36/5EAT in my car when my engine or transmission dies.

Add rear diff, possibly driveshafts, and ECU.

It's a tough one. I've been toying with the idea of a 6mt swap and that looks hopeless.

• 2 weeks later...
Is that true? I've been looking into the 6mt for the 3.6R, and from what I understand the 6mt that came on the 3.0R would bolt up to our block? Is that not true?

Why not a 6mt from 2010+ 2.5gt?

It is not a matter of fitting. It is a matter of your dash turning into a christmas tree and not having someone who can decode it and get you on your way.

Bc the 3.0 trans is already set up for a 6 cylinder motor so there wouldn't be to much to change around in the tcu to put it on the 3.6. Plus the bellhousing will be the same so it would bolt right up to the block, the linkage is one of the things im not sure about yet. Would the 2.5gt trans even bolt up? I thought they were different from the 3.0 trans?

Bc the 3.0 trans is already set up for a 6 cylinder motor so there wouldn't be to much to change around in the tcu to put it on the 3.6. Plus the bellhousing will be the same so it would bolt right up to the block, the linkage is one of the things im not sure about yet. Would the 2.5gt trans even bolt up? I thought they were different from the 3.0 trans?

New Zealand 2.5gt has a 5eat offering for 2013. That right there tells you the bellhousings are the same.

If you do a swap to manual whether from a 3.0 or a 2.5gt, successfully, you will be my hero :wub:

Archived