LegacyGT.com

I think I messed up my wheel hub

Here is the deal.. i replaced all the Pads and rotors on my 95 Leg 4 disc w/ abs. all went well until the front drivers side Bracket bolt wouldn't come off... we put A LOT of pressure and finally it loosened up.. put everything back together and now the rotor is scraping on the outer edge (im assuming w/ the bracket) and the abs light comes on and off.

does this sound like a hub problem? the scraping is only on the outer edge of the rotor and it scrapes/screeching both when i brake or when just driving normally..

any ideas?

Make sure you did not bend the backing plate. That's normally what causes the noise. Just bend it back out of the way. Don't understand why the ABS light is on/off. Unless the sensor has some dirt in it.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Make sure you did not bend the backing plate. That's normally what causes the noise. Just bend it back out of the way. Don't understand why the ABS light is on/off. Unless the sensor has some dirt in it.

is that no the bracket ? bent back plate would cause the outside outer rim of the rotor to scrape?

The backing plate is the stone defector. Everything else down there is pretty hard to bend.

The Caliper bracket bolts to the spindle, which holds the hub and also holds the ABS sensor.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

The backing plate is the stone defector. Everything else down there is pretty hard to bend.

The Caliper bracket bolts to the spindle, which holds the hub and also holds the ABS sensor.

hm.. ok... will have to look at it... but my theory is that my friend, who is 300lbs, had to stand on the ratchet to get the bolt loose on the bracket and therefore messed something up on the hub.. might explain both the abs light and noise... .i dunno tho

might get a better response if you post this in the correct generation thread... take the wheel off and look to see where it's scraping... is it a constant scraping? you could have some buildup of crud on the caliper that's rubbing the new rotor... or the new rotors are slightly oversized... or just that one is the wrong size... there's a variety of factors to consider... your 300lb buddy probably didn't do any damage (think of force required to stop a vehicle from moving... all that braking gets transferred through the braking system somewhere)... if anything the bracket wasn't bolted back down in the exact spot and the crud inbetween is preventing it from sitting flush... take it all apart and make sure no cruds in there... shouldn't take you more then a half hour.

Archived