LegacyGT.com

Will a 06 V1 cobb accessport work for an 05??

minitech

Hi, i just bought a Version 1 cobb accessport for 06LGT manual from a member on this forum that indicated that it would work on an 05 LGT manuel. The part # is AE-LGT-PORT-06 (meaning for an 06 lgt manuel). I am in the middle of programming it and it can't finish. :cool: This is not a the newer version 2.

Ok thanks mwm5094, thats what i thought might be the case. I am in a bit of trouble because i tried to re-flash and during the process it came to a halt and i had to disconnect the tuner. Oddly the car runs but not great. I am defiantly calling cobb!!! (and after that the person that i bought it from to get a refund) :)

• 4 months later...

Update, to Cobb Accessport V1!!:mad:

First let me start off by saying that Cobb was excellent at helping me and did not charge me for any of the work that they did. As it turns out no matter who on this forum makes the clam that an 06 V1 Cobb Accessport will work on a 05 lgt it will not!!! I called Cobb after trying to hook up to my car (05) and having major issues they told me that it wont work on the old v1s for anything other then the year the V1 was made for. Only the V2s WILL WORK FOR BOTH 05 and 06. They had me pull my ECU and ship it to them so that they could re-flash it back to stock and then ship it back. Otherwise I would have to buy another ecu from the dealership. This makes the cobb tunner useless other than a turn in credit. Again I must stress that Cobbs customer service was A+ and that the turn around was super fast!. But Word for the wise dont get a Cobb V1 Accessport for any car other then the year specified!!!!!!!!!!

Archived