LegacyGT.com

Plug n Play Aux-in mod for 2005 6cd radios

jazzymt

My issue turned out to be a bad cable. The RCA-to-3.5mm cable was just falling apart internally. Move it around this way, works. Move it around that way, cuts bass. Strange... must have been a very old cable, or just really teeny-tiny copper wires.

I just found a similar issue on mine, but the cable itself was fine. The tip was simply not working well in the jack (on the radio-side of the setup, no less). Maybe that why the newer rev boards appear to have RCAs (instead of 3.5mm jacks)?

Just wanted to mention it, in case someone else ran into similar problems...

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hello all. This is my first question and I'm new to this forum. Glad to be here.

So I have a 2008 Legacy GX H6 3.0L AT, without aux in, what should I do to get it at bellow the 12V outlet inside that leather covered box behind the handbrake? I would'nt like to cut any factory wires, just plugging something in the factory installed radio, since it has the button AUX but theres no aux-in.

Can anyone help me out with this issue?

Att,

-Dimitri

• 3 weeks later...

Hey there -

I installed the original Jazzy Pro Kit about 6 years ago with my original iPhone. The cable has the 30 pin connector to connect to the phone and charges using the "firewire" wiring. When Apple changed over to USB for charging I bought a converter through CableJive that allowed me to listen to and charge my new iPhone in the car. Fast forward a couple of years later and Apple switched to the new Lightning connector, so I had to buy another adapter/converter to the mix. So the current setup is original Jazzy Pro Kit with 30 pin connector plug (Firewire) to CableJive dockStubz+ Charge Converter to Apple Lightning to 30-Pin Adapter. However, over recent months the audio will cut in and out and now so will charging because the connectors don't exactly have a super secure fit. So going over bumps will cause the music to stop or only come out of one speaker or for charging to stop. I suspected it was the CableJive dockStubz+ Charge Converter to blame, so bought a new one, however the issue still persists. It seem the Jazzy cable needs to be bent a certain way near the 30 pin plug for things to work, so it looks like the cable is faulty.

While I am not thrilled with the idea of taking apart my dashboard again, I am wondering if I could save time/money by just changing out the original audio/charging cable that came with my Jazzy Pro Kit (30 pin Firewire) with the iPod Lightning Audio/Charge Cable that is listed here: http://www.jazzyengineering.com/product_info.php?products_id=53

Has anyone had success with this? Or would I need to buy the whole Subaru Aux-in Lightning iPod Kit and do the whole install again?

Do you know if your original kit came with RCA input on the board? Mine did, but I just bought mine a few months ago. If it has RCA inputs, I'd wager it'll work. You can see the inline converter on that cable.

As far as taking your stereo out, I had to do a couple times myself due to issues I was having with the included cable. It takes me about 5 minutes to take it out... Taking apart the stereo takes about 5-10 minutes if you're being really careful. I would wager you could get it done in under 60 minutes, assuming you are handy with a screwdriver. It's also helpful to have an extendable magnet for those screws on the sides of the stereo which might drop.

• 5 weeks later...
I just found a similar issue on mine, but the cable itself was fine. The tip was simply not working well in the jack (on the radio-side of the setup, no less). Maybe that why the newer rev boards appear to have RCAs (instead of 3.5mm jacks)?

Just wanted to mention it, in case someone else ran into similar problems...

Yeah I may have a similar problem. I keep losing the right channel. I have a very old model install with the 1/8" phono plug on the radio side going into the board. So I took it apart and reseated the 1/8" phono plug and seems to be working. Should I put some dielectric grease on the phono plug? If it still happens I guess I could convert to the newer board with the RCA jacks.

Update: had to purchase a new board.

Thanks, Ralph

Edited by devobuzz

• 2 months later...

Hi Odin,

I usually try to ship twice a week. Without your email, I'm not sure which order/email I may have missed. With Halloween festivities and some other family events this has been a hectic week, but I'll try to get all outstanding orders shipped tomorrow.

Thanks,

NC

[CENTER][URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18504"]Subaru Plug & Play Aux-in Mod[/URL][/CENTER] [CENTER][URL="http://www.jazzyengineering.com"]www.jazzyengineering.com[/URL][/CENTER]

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
I was thinking of the same thing. I wanted something to compliment the jazzy aux mod and this seems like the perfect fit. I go to the Cobb meet from time to time, as well as Cars and Coffee so you might get to check it out before you try buying one. Edited by Zenstorm321

Sent a PM to Jazzy on the forum as well as one on his Jazzy engineering.com website but haven't heard back from him. Anyone have a phone number to contact him? I'm leaving on a road trip next month and would like to install the Jazzy board before the road trip.

Bez

Hi Bez, I was in the same situation. I put my order in and didn't get a reply from my pm's on this site or the jazzyengineering.com site. Jazzy has been extremely busy lately. However on my paypal he replied with a tracking number so I could know it's on its way. If you place your order I am sure you will get it just make sure to ask for the tracking number under notes on your paypal

• 1 month later...
Order one of these the other week and just got it installed last weekend. Simple install, great instructions, and a quality product. Very impressed! Sounds great too!

how was the removal of the radio from the dash? i'm worried about breaking things as i've done so many times in the past when it comes to interior panels.

Make sure to download Jazzy's instructions from his site. They are very thorough and it's really not that bad. The snap clips involved for this job are really easy to access and see, so there is minimal risk of breaking anything. BTW, there are only 4 total that you have to deal with; the rest are bolts/screws.

Make sure to download Jazzy's instructions from his site. They are very thorough and it's really not that bad. The snap clips involved for this job are really easy to access and see, so there is minimal risk of breaking anything. BTW, there are only 4 total that you have to deal with; the rest are bolts/screws.

thanks so much for the helpful info before tackling this job.

No problem! The most difficult part is figuring out the best way to secure everything as it routes through the radio so it's not pinching anything. I bought the ground loop interrupt box thingy, so I also had to secure that under the radio as best as I could.

• 1 month later...

Ordered this kit (I phone pro for 05 legacy GT) over 3 years ago, and its been working most awesomely, until recently that is.

The male adapter that plugs into my iPhone recently broke some cables. Hence my phone can continue to charge but doesn't play music anymore. Anyone know where i can get a replacement cable (that will play & charge) as a replacement. Looked on their site (http://www.jazzyengineering.com/) but wasn't confidant. Any help / guidance would be welcomed. I miss my music, this kit was excellent.

1397816466_Iphonephoto1_FINAL.thumb.jpg.a9c880351206e67cbd079eda5acb2855.jpg

1082391682_Iphonephoto2_Final.thumb.jpg.66ab3a77501f3f965aff1c3624e96187.jpg

Seems I've stumbled onto the right thread, but I am still confused as to which of the products offered by http://jazzyengineering.com/ I need.

What I want is to be able to plug in my iPhone to the audio system for the lowest cost possible. I don't need it to charge the phone (already have a charger, so a jack input would be fine)

I have a 2006 Subaru Outback with the 6CD changer, double-din system:

http://i62.tinypic.com/140lv6v.jpg

Thanks in advance for the help,

Kriss

Perfecto. Thank you. For some reason I could only find an Iphone 6 one on his website.

Thanks for the help :).

You're welcome.

Seems I've stumbled onto the right thread, but I am still confused as to which of the products offered by http://jazzyengineering.com/ I need.

What I want is to be able to plug in my iPhone to the audio system for the lowest cost possible. I don't need it to charge the phone (already have a charger, so a jack input would be fine)

I have a 2006 Subaru Outback with the 6CD changer, double-din system:

Thanks in advance for the help,

Kriss

This one will do what you want: http://www.jazzyengineering.com/product_info.php?products_id=44&osCsid=l0vpgb3eq6ingkdp6b3sksfm92

Just be sure you're comfortable taking the head unit out of the dash, then taking the head unit apart to install the device.