• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

How do you know? I'm curious

Okay, I'll tell you.

My wife works for an insurance company as a temp at times and she overheard an adjuster on the phone with someone who had just been rear-ended. The person on the other end was complaining that their exhaust was compromised. He was talking loud enough for my wife to hear his gripe; "I just hogzausted my car, too!" :lol:

The adjuster later asked my wife what hogzaust was and she knew! :lol: What are the chances? :eek:

I figured anybody who hogzausts their car is a member and is lurking here somewhere since its pretty exclusive to our cars (so far). ;)

• 4 weeks later...
I got the washers. I guess I should have known they are 3/8 since the washers are that size. I'm a mechanical genius. Last week-end this month I'm helping out qikslvr with his turbo swap and we're doing the hogzaust on my car. Since the bolts are rusted to shit and pretty much seized on tight, and since he has a cutter, I'm just going to get some stainless steel new ones, cut the old ones and call it a day.

Its kind of hard to get bored with hogzaust since you can always adjust the loudness of the exhaust. Ive never been annoyed by the exhaust (3 washers each side is a good tone). Wish i had a new CBE but i dont. Going to be moving into a new residence and i just prefer to be low-key until i get a feel for the neighbors.

I prefer to slip in unnoticed (if possible) get a feel first, then do my thing. I dont want to find out my neighbor is a scat-munching noise Nazi who hates anything louder than a prius. Then i will go stage 0.5, then a month later stage 1, then stage 2...etc.:rolleyes:

Hey, I just noticed...we are almost at 100,000 views! Awesomeness. Maybe I'll post in the General Forum to let all the noobs know what is going down.

I thinking about welding on a flange on my F150 exhaust, so I can Hogzuast it. Badass...

I'm pleasantly surprised... It was most certainly worth the couple bucks and 10 mins of my time.

CLICK HERE FOR THE HOGZAUST

I finally put my car up on the lift today and one of the things i did was a "stage 2" hogzaust. You sir are a champion of justice. This is by far the best dollar mod i have ever done on any car. I'm going to look at my other cars and see if i can purposely make their exhaust systems leak too! Pure awesomeness!

When I was 18 I had a '76 Malibu. I used to drive down the road and shut the car off while I was coasting down the street. Let it build up some pressure, you know? Then I'd restart the car and it would fire off a sound equivalent to a shotgun blast. Typically I would do this right as I passed my friends as they walked down the street, just to make them squirt in their pants a little bit. Anyhow, after a few times of doing this, I happened to look at the bitchin' turbo muffler I had on the car and it looked like a Jiffy Pop popcorn container after it was heated. I suspect that a few more rounds would have blown a hole into the muffler entirely, but seeing that I couldn't afford another one, I stopped doing it. Maybe someone should try this in their LGT's. Hell, it wouldn't cost you a penny and you don't even have to get out of the car :) Edited by welby

With modern cars, if you turn off the ignition, the fuel pump and injectors are shut off too, so you won't get raw fuel dumped into the exhaust like you could on older cars.

I did that too on occasion with my older cars. It doesn't work anymore.

With modern cars, if you turn off the ignition, the fuel pump and injectors are shut off too, so you won't get raw fuel dumped into the exhaust like you could on older cars.

I did that too on occasion with my older cars. It doesn't work anymore.

But it still works great on a motorcycle with carbs. I love to do it in the Holland Tunnel, on Gooch's Garlic Run, when being followed by a group of Harley lifesavers with straight pipes. I don't know which gets their attention better, the big bang..... or the 3 feet of flame that shoots out the end of the exhaust. :lol::icon_twis:icon_lol: