LegacyGT.com

G.T. Subie is the man for home audio/video

coxx

G.T. Subie (Matt) is the man with this stuff. I saw his sig & got in touch with him to do some installations in my house. Nothing elaborate but alot more than I could handle on my own. He did an AWESOME job. Great guy too. Here's some of his work. I highly recommend him if you need anything like this done in your home.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/Rcoxx/DSC00446.jpg

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/Rcoxx/DSC00439.jpg

"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you deserve it Matt. Sorry I didn't do it sooner.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

Guest JessterCPA

This is awesome. I need to do something to update my stuff. It was nice circa 1998, but it's getting a bit dated now.

I'll have to keep him in mind.

Thanks.

Jesse

actually, this should be in tri-state. I doubt Matt is gonna travel to Chicago to do an installation :lol: Mods please move it

Jesse lives in NJ :lol:

I know Jesse lives in NJ. I meant if someone from far away was thinking about hiring him I doubt he'd go you friggin wise ass :lol: :lol:

Insulting Mods now...more point coming your way :mad:

good I like points & warnings give me as many as I can get please

Got too much gas on your hands these days? Why you so cranky :icon_conf

not cranky at all, you started it. This got nothin to do with Matt & home A/V btw. Lets keep this on topic or I'm gonna give you points :lol:

Coxx, did Matt sink the wires in the walls for you as well?

Installation looks top notch!

in the living room yes. I didn't have any furniture in yet when those pics where taken b/c I had just moved in. It's alot cleaner with the media cabinet under the TV. In the top pic the wires are wrapped in that plastic tubing. Still very clean looking but I didn't have him put the wires in the wall because that one is on a swing-arm so I can move it around.

We have plaster walls, so sinking wires is a huge expensive pain in the ass which we didnt do.

Like I said, everything looks great. Congrats!

FYI, plaster walls don't really stop you from running the wires in the wall. Plenty of room in there, you just need to be carefully about cracking the skim coat. Hole-saws on a drill set to low speed to a nice job.

ignore him, he'll go away.

in the living room yes. I didn't have any furniture in yet when those pics where taken b/c I had just moved in. It's alot cleaner with the media cabinet under the TV. In the top pic the wires are wrapped in that plastic tubing. Still very clean looking but I didn't have him put the wires in the wall because that one is on a swing-arm so I can move it around.

Just throwin' this out there, a cantilever mount shouldn't stop you from hiding the wires in the wall. You just need to make them longer and create a small loop for them to follow the contour of the arm.

Matt does good work and the wire loom proves it.

FYI, plaster walls don't really stop you from running the wires in the wall. Plenty of room in there, you just need to be carefully about cracking the skim coat. Hole-saws on a drill set to low speed to a nice job.

Yeah we have tons of old houses here in Jersey and plaster doesn't stop me:icon_wink. I actually see more plaster that sheetrock.

Denial is your best friend

i did my own plasma install when I redid my family room..it was easy because i had to redo all the sheetrock so running the wires was cake..

What sucks is the rough holes left after installing the plasma and the surround speakers. They are small holes (smaller than a dime)..but is there a special plug or plastic cover that you could use to clean it up? Here is a bad pic..the issue is where the speaker wire exits the wall.

Not trying to hijack..just looking for some free pro advice! :)

1199431322_DCP_0564(Large).thumb.jpg.ff3cca7a695d34e3b221ef7d0537aeba.jpg

i did my own plasma install when I redid my family room..it was easy because i had to redo all the sheetrock so running the wires was cake..

What sucks is the rough holes left after installing the plasma and the surround speakers. They are small holes (smaller than a dime)..but is there a special plug or plastic cover that you could use to clean it up? Here is a bad pic..the issue is where the speaker wire exits the wall.

Not trying to hijack..just looking for some free pro advice! :)

[ATTACH]27465[/ATTACH]

That looks nice to me. You could have maybe brought the wire out right above the bracket.

Denial is your best friend

but is there a special plug or plastic cover that you could use to clean it up? Here is a bad pic..the issue is where the speaker wire exits the wall.

Sometime I'll use something out of the spare parts bin to plug the hole, but in your case, just use a little bathroom caulk that can be painted. Fill in the hole and get it relatively flush, and when its dry, dab on a little touch-up paint with a spone brush.

Archived