LegacyGT.com

El accidente!!!! (pics coming soon)

coxx

Yep, you heard me. Wrecked my car this morning on the way to work. :( Fortunately I didn't get hurt at all. I had just gotten off one hwy & onto another. Far left lane was blocked off with traffic cones. A highway dept truck pulled into the blocked lane & then back out in front of me as I was accelerating. Needless to say I accelerated right into the back of a DOT pickup truck going about 45-50mph. No brakes. Airbags didnt go off. No glass broke. My bumper got caught on the trailer hitch of the truck & I got pulled for a bit till it ripped the bumper off. Of course, since I rear ended a town truck I'm gonna be at fault. The cop was treating me like a 19 year old punk kid (I'm 29) & I was probably older than he was. Telling me I was speeding. I told him, "how fast could I be going in the 20 feet since I got on the hwy? Not fast enough to deploy the airbags or break any glass right? So it couldn't have been too fast." He was making like he was cutting me a break by not giving me a ticket. F-ing jackass. Thankfully nobody got hurt & hopefully the car can be fixed relatively easily. Pics coming soon.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not drivable at all. Won't even start. I'm still amazed that no glass broke or anything. Not 1 crack. Who know's how long it'll take to get fixed. I'm guessing 6 weeks. Hopefully not.
"Barack Obama, mothaf#%@a! Barack Obama! I'm the president...of hittin' the ass!" -this is not a political view it's merely a quote from a hilarious tv show.

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/Rcoxx/untitled.jpg

that's a pic from my camera phone. My car is at the shop right now. I'm gonna go over & take some pics with my digital camera later on today or tomorrow.

:icon_surp:( Wow, that is a lot of damage! Where in NY did that happen? I am always scared when I leave my garage going into the city thinking if the car will come back in one piece.

X

---

Thanks guys. It happened on the hutch pkwy north right where you get on it from 287 east. Westchester county.

I think it looks worse than it is. It's not even up to the wheel wells. That radiator is F-ed pretty bad though. Bumper beam went right into it.

What I'm most pissed about is that even though I was basically cut off it's perceived to be my fault. I guess there's nothing I can do about that but still. I mean, I'm not an idiot. Obviously I wouldn't drive straight into the back of a pickup truck.

Yep, it's a pretty unsafe road. I drive on it every day. I guess odds were this was gonna happen eventually but I'm still pretty pissed about it.

I see why your airbags didn't go off, your frame rails are virtually untouched. I had a similar accident, what it boils down to is that if you rear end someone, you lose.

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTE1MzYyMjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpghttp://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/Hosting/default-fr.wtdr

For what it's worth my accident cost $8200 and took one month to complete. Sorry for your loss man.

Rick

^^ thanks dude, that's helpful info. Yep, rear end someone & you lose no matter what. Sucks it's that way but whatever.

Oh, forgot the best part. When the cop asks me how fast I was going I said "honestly officer, I dont know. But it couldn't have been too fast b/c I just got on the highway. The on ramp is close so how fast could I have gotten up to? 50 tops?" The cops answer: "That's a GT isn't it? I know those cars are really fast. It's possible you could've gotten up to as fast as 80mph." LOL

(My answer to that, "I'd be dead or really fucked up if I was goin that fast.")

Yep, playing the odds. I knew one day something was gonna happen. Of all things though, a highway dept truck????

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h213/Rcoxx/DSC00343.jpg

Better days

sorry to hear about your accident:( glad that u r ok! sounds like u got a punk kid cop fresh out of school, thinking he is top shit!

I had one long time ago when I had projector headlights in my Honda. when i bought the car, i didn't know they were the illegal kind:D, well he gave me a ticket, and then pulled me over 3 days later for the same reason, and was like "oh, its u again, don't forget to replace though headlights." i was like jackass, had the car for 2 years b4 he stopped me and had gone through 2 state inspections and had no problems.

Let us know how much it will take to fix, curious as to the extent of the damage.

Yep, I love when somebody younger than me calls me "kid". I mean, I have a baby face but still. Anyways, I prob won't know how much the damage is until next week sometime but I'll be sure to post it as well as some better pics of the damage. I'm guessing since the airbags didnt deploy & no glass broke that the damage isn't as bad as it looks. We'll see I guess.

Archived