LegacyGT.com

Rallitek Cylinder heads

So i was looking in to going the N/A route instead of waiting for the Avo turbo kit and going FI. And the first thing i was going to do to my engine is install the Rallitek 2.5i SOHC cylinder heads.

My question is if i have these put in, what else should/could i have installed while the engine is out to utilize the higher lift cams and increased air flow of the cylinder heads.

If i do happen to go this route i would be replacing the obvious timing belt and head gaskets. But my main concern is what would be most beneficial for me to do while these are being installed to get either more power or get more efficiency out of having them installed. And yes i will be using Accessport to tune the car when all is done.

Its not 100% as to if im going this route but im looking to see what the possibilities are by going this way.

Please let me know what you guys think, Thanks.

twe 11.2:1 pistons. perring crank pully a goood tune on 93 full exhuast some equal length headers so it flows well. there was a company that had a similar build to that but they used a larger throttle body and tuned on 108 octane gas and hit 235whp n/a

up grade to the exedy stage 1 clutch while your motors out.

here is alittle motivation

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f5/t36040-zzyzx-motorsports-2-5-rs-breaks-300-na-hp.html

twe 11.2:1 pistons. perring crank pully a goood tune on 93 full exhuast some equal length headers so it flows well. there was a company that had a similar build to that but they used a larger throttle body and tuned on 108 octane gas and hit 235whp n/a

http://www.rs25.com/forums/f5/t36040-zzyzx-motorsports-2-5-rs-breaks-300-na-hp.html

They dont make a clutch that can handle that much power for our pull type transmission :cool:

They dont make a clutch that can handle that much power for our pull type transmission :cool:

seriously i doubt hes gunna break 200whp on pump gas.

the exedy stage 1 will hold just fine.

or what white tiger said

why are you pulling the engine to change the heads? if you must, while the engine is out without heads put some forged pistons in 'er, APR head studs, then a cute little 50-75 shot of nitrous.

Yea idk what i was smoking when i said pulling the engine out, i was listening to my brother talk about it and i guess i wrote it in lol. But i was told by rallitek that the cylinder heads make 10-15hp over the 20whp from the cams they have available.

Thats pretty amazing but all that stuff is out of my price range the last time i looked at High CR pistons, i was thinking a header from www.techworkseng.com. But i do want to try and get a catback in too.

Again im not 100% on this and im looking at the options i have. Im being a little impatient with the turbo kit since i havent heard a release date on it.

LGT 5mt clutches fit the 2.5i as long as you get the matching flywheel.

Wrong. Splines match, output shaft match but you cant use a LGT flywheel in a 2.5i trans no matter what. I hate to say this but I know b/c I wanted a beefier clutch and called the guys at Exedy and we went thru all possible combos the tech confirmed that none would work because LGT is pull we are push :icon_sad: but look to AVO and Rallitek to put out a clutch soon. They cant sell the turbo kit to 2.5i guys that cant handle the power :icon_lol:

i was not talking about lgt stock hardware. i was talking about aftermarket LWFWs and clutches for the LGT. the ACT HDMM kit with street LWFW would be perfect for a 2.5i with a turbo upgrade or NA build.

also, if you search under 01 2.5rs clutches you will find other kits that are fine for the 2.5i legacy.

i was not talking about lgt stock hardware. i was talking about aftermarket LWFWs and clutches for the LGT. the ACT HDMM kit with street LWFW would be perfect for a 2.5i with a turbo upgrade or NA build.

also, if you search under 01 2.5rs clutches you will find other kits that are fine for the 2.5i legacy.

DUDE we went over EVERY combo Impreza and Legacy they wouldnt sell me one for the fact that nothing would work. dont take my word ask Exedy directly they be happy to inform you. I wish there was something better than the stage 1 but hte stage 1 is the Stage OEM :icon_lol:

Exedy is incorrect then, or they are playing it safe. the 5mt trans in the 2.5i is the same as in the LGT or 2.5RS aside from the gear ratios. All after market clutches fitting those platforms with a push style PP will fit the 2.5i legacy. The 06-07 wrx clutch set with 06-07 wrx flywheel will fit your car too.

Exedy is incorrect then, or they are playing it safe. the 5mt trans in the 2.5i is the same as in the LGT or 2.5RS aside from the gear ratios. All after market clutches fitting those platforms with a push style PP will fit the 2.5i legacy. The 06-07 wrx clutch set with 06-07 wrx flywheel will fit your car too.

Has anyone done this yet? I would love to have that kind of thing available for whatever performance mods i do for my car, whether its an engine rebuild or the turbo kit.

i was told by rallitek that the cylinder heads make 10-15hp over the 20whp from the cams they have available.

I think that a number like +30 to 35 is right around what would be reasonable to keep me happy (enough) to not want to lose my shirt trading up to an LGT.

Of course, similar money could start my next E36 track build...

I am leaning more to what whitetiger is saying, because at work a few weeks ago we used a clutch/pp/flywheel kit for a late model on a 95 legacy, and it worked great. I think even though part numbers are different, they still work properly in some fashion.

why not just skipp all this bs and put sti internals in your car. run like a t3/t4(custom up and down pipes), with a front mount and opensource tune it all for under 2500$ and make a hell of alot more power. open decks ej's can take a decent amount of boost.

opensouce tuning is all of 20$ for a cable and dyno time with a protuner.

All subaru late model 5mt trans's are the same aside from the gear ratios. same goes for the layout of the 4cyl block. this is why engine/trans swaps are so easy on subarus. the2.5i has just as much aftermarket clutch options as the LGT or any other push style clutch subaru 5mt. you may have to get a different clutch fork or TOB but thats just minor stuff that easily replaced during the clutch install anyways. ther are at least a half dozen options available for the 2.5i

why not just skipp all this bs and put sti internals in your car. run like a t3/t4(custom up and down pipes), with a front mount and opensource tune it all for under 2500$ and make a hell of alot more power. open decks ej's can take a decent amount of boost.

opensouce tuning is all of 20$ for a cable and dyno time with a protuner.

Its possible, problem is i dont have many options around my area to get a protuner to do any of the work. From what i know nearest dyno isnt a quick drive down the road. As far as the internals, show me where i can get all that for under 2500 and id have to do some thinking about it.

sti rods and pistons go for around 600$ turbo choice is up to you and what you want

get an exhuast shop to fab up an uppipe and down pipe sti 550 injectors are all over the place try ebay or nasioc. check out rs25.com for info on all this stuff guys have been working with n/a subarus alot longer then most on this forum.

All late model 5MT trannys for Subaru ARE NOT ALIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do not go a buy a LGT PP/LWFW/Clutch and expect it to fit your car if you drive a impreza or legacy 2.5i. ALL 05+ Turbo Subies are PULL-TYPE type and N/A are PUSH-TYPE.

wrong. the lgt and 06-07 wrx are push type.

GEE-OTTO, you obviously dont have the right info. As a former suby tech, I know WTF im talking about.

Nathan, The crank to lever height is different between the 2 models. The only way to make it work is to swap out the transmission along with the clutch.

Sincerely, Evan Cline

Technical Coordinator-Aftermarket

www.exedyusa.com

Guess we know why you used to be a tech :lol:

Archived