LegacyGT.com

Blemishes on autodim rear view mirror?

mccorry

Has anyone noticed alot of small grey specs and light grey scratches all over the mirror on the autodim rear view? I noticed this the other day as it becomes obvious when you look at the reflection of a dark surface (seats, for example).

I haven't noticed any spots or speckles. However... I do notice some distortion of the image. For me when I am looking into the mirror the bottom right corner has some warping of the image. I would imagine that there is some defect in the smoothness of the mirror. It is kind of a fun house effect.

So back on thread, I have no specks or spots, just "warping".

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Well... after fighting them for 2 weeks, they have agreed to order me a new mirror. I went in yesterday to have it replaced... only to find out that they ordered a std. mirror instead of an autodim....

Ah... to wait some more......

:(

What a saga for just a mirror! Sorry to hear that you had to fight them for two weeks - that's just beyond excuse for an obvious defect.

:(

Best of luck on your replacement!

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

• 9 years later...

@ocs822,

I actually have that problem with my driver's side mirror. Subaru has recognized they are defective and has instructed the dealer to issue a refund for the moment. I will get my previous mirrors installed.

On mine the warpness is pretty bad. Everything is magnified to the point you can't use the mirror w/o getting a headache.

Archived