LegacyGT.com

Benefits/Rumors - DP's

kmfuse87

So does anyone have any benefit/rumors/experiences with DP's. Cobb, Invidia, Perrin ... Which is the best and why in your opinion? Always was looking for a Cobb and they go so fast on the forum but what makes them so popular over other DP choices??

Cobb is a very well know and trusted brand. They also have a bung for a wideband if your running one which invidia doesnt nor does perrin i believe. I have the invidia and the worksmanship is spot on. Its a very well designed piece.

This topic has been covered many times, just do a search

Thanks, i got lazy. Bung for a wide band? What is that exactly?

Will do a search this weekend when i have more time. I figured i would get flamed ... considering this question is in similar form to the motor oil question people ask.

Keep em coming ... even if i get flamed.

"wide band" = wideband O2 sensor - used for tuning the car, since the stock O2 sensor isn't designed to read properly at WOT, or above certain A/F ratios... as I recall.

I have a Crucial DP. Without a flex-section it's a bit of a tricky fit. I'd advise a flex-sectioned DP if you can get one. Otherwise, the Crucial is excellent. And it has the bung for the WB O2 as well.

"wide band" = wideband O2 sensor - used for tuning the car, since the stock O2 sensor isn't designed to read properly at WOT, or above certain A/F ratios... as I recall.

I have a Crucial DP. Without a flex-section it's a bit of a tricky fit. I'd advise a flex-sectioned DP if you can get one. Otherwise, the Crucial is excellent. And it has the bung for the WB O2 as well.

Is that 02 sensor something that comes with the DP? Or do i have to purchase it separately?

what kind of cat-back exhaust are you using? stock? going aftermarket? if so, which one?

the Cobb is the only one with a donut flange that mates perfectly with the Stock CBE, or Borla, and I think the SPT. The others have 3" flat flanges...you'll need a 3" > 2.5" reducer for it to bolt up perfectly if you're using a CBE with a 2.5" donut flange.

what kind of cat-back exhaust are you using? stock? going aftermarket? if so, which one?

the Cobb is the only one with a donut flange that mates perfectly with the Stock CBE, or Borla, and I think the SPT. The others have 3" flat flanges...you'll need a 3" > 2.5" reducer for it to bolt up perfectly if you're using a CBE with a 2.5" donut flange.

I just bought a perrin mid and Y, i am going to reduce that into my prodrive cans. Not sure what i'm going to do for a DP yet. Another note Where can i get reducers and this o2 sensor? Fredbeans? I am slowly getting the parts together, i am in no rush. What DP's mate right to a 3" mid .... probably a perrin DP any others?

The Cobb fits the best in my opinion. I like the Cobb because the catted section is under the car not next to the firewall like Invidia, Perrin and AVO. Less under hood heat, easier to wrap and more room.

Bang for the buck is the Invidia. I've installed a dozen or so and never had a problem. No wideband bung though.

The Cobb fits the best in my opinion. I like the Cobb because the catted section is under the car not next to the firewall like Invidia, Perrin and AVO. Less under hood heat, easier to wrap and more room.

Bang for the buck is the Invidia. I've installed a dozen or so and never had a problem. No wideband bung though.

:whore: for the location of the cat on Cobb DPs.

if you just got the perrin mid/y then go with either perrin or invidia downpipes. both 3" flanges that will mate perfectly with the rest of your set up. Personally i would go with the invidia. Catless is relatively inexpensive. AJW has a group on them probably next month. It doesnt have a bung for the wideband but you dont have one and if you were to get one, welding one on the invidia would cost hardly anything

Archived