LegacyGT.com

Tinted Head Lights

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lamin-x sells a kit for the headlights i personally love their stuff i did my rears i used the smoke colour if you want darker you can go with the smoke. but their pre cut so its just peel and stick and it protects the lens of the lights since the stuff is pretty thick and if you dont like it just rip em off rather than permanantly spray tinting ur headlights...check it out

http://www.lamin-x.com/Subaru-Legacy-2005-to-2007-s/672.htm

Your/The 05's are already tinted somewhat from the factory, I say leave it as it looks better than any 06-09 legacy's headlights.

You need headlights to be clear and to be able to see at night. Unless you only drive when its sunny out

You will be very surprised how dark the overall look can be by blacking out the non-reflecting surfaces inside the housing and removing the orange reflectors. Try blacking out before you try tinting. It's safer and just as effective at getting the dark look you're trying to achieve. Not saying you can't do what you want to your car. Just saying, consider the safer alternative first.

rvinyl.com also sells a good product, I've used their tail light film a couple of times.

however, +1 for blacking out the interior reflective parts first, and then deciding whether or not you want to tint the actual lens.

Blacked out headlights are just plain Hot.

• I Donated Too

Thanks for the replies. I just wanna know...what's the legality of doing this?

Is it enforced on a federal or state level?

How much % of tint is too much?

How does the speed of light and brake-time reactions play a role?

Clearly a long debate on these issues is in order.

• I Donated
Your/The 05's are already tinted somewhat from the factory, I say leave it as it looks better than any 06-09 legacy's headlights.

:orly: Do you have a source for this? I've never seen anything that indicated this might be true, including viewing 05s and 06es side-by-side.

Thanks for the replies. I just wanna know...what's the legality of doing this?

Is it enforced on a federal or state level?

How much % of tint is too much?

How does the speed of light and brake-time reactions play a role?

Clearly a long debate on these issues is in order.

Sigh...

At the risk of sounding like a grumpy old fart....I remember switching out shitty sealed beam headlights for E-code Cibie headlights so I could see where I'm going at night. The headlights on the LGT don't throw enough light already, so why would you want to tint them?

while you are at it, i think you should tint your windshield.:lol:
258k miles - Stock engine/minor suspension upgrades/original shocks/rear struts replaced at 222k/4 passenger side wheel bearings/3 clutches/1 radiator/3 turbos

Archived