LegacyGT.com

Head lamp and other issues.

Took my car in to the dealer after both head lights went out, ( I have just over 15K on the car) the check engine light came on, and the cruise control light blinking. My dealer advised me that with in the last 4 months they have had to replace bulbs on about 45 legacys. This is due to SOA advising her that they only put temporary bulbs in these cars. (I'm thinking SOA trying to save $$ on production costs)

The check engine light was due to a faulty "Knock Sensor" which they have to order and replace this Thurs. The cruse control light is directly linked to the check engine light because you cannot engage cruise cont. while your check engine light is on.

Just an FYI I was advised by my dealer that if the check engine light is engaged because of not tightening the gas cap enough then it is not covered by SOA and you'll pay to have the ECU reset. x

I have to give it up to Frederick Motor Company for the great service. I paid nothing to get all the aforementioned corrected including two brand new head lamps..hopefully long term ones.

My dealer advised me that with in the last 4 months they have had to replace bulbs on about 45 legacys. This is due to SOA advising her that they only put temporary bulbs in these cars.

Another reason to disable DRLs?

FYI I was advised by my dealer that if the check engine light is engaged because of not tightening the gas cap enough then it is not covered by SOA and you'll pay to have the ECU reset.

Old news. Just make sure you turn the gas cap till it clicks a few times. I thought everybody turns them till they click but I have noticed that not everyone does this. :rolleyes:

I had the same problem with my low beam headlights. They never even worked to begin with so I brought the car back to the dealer 2 days later after i bought it and had them replace the bulbs. They told me that it wasn't the first time it's happened. They work fine now though.

The next thing I have to complain about to the dealer at my next inspection is why the HVAC is messed up on the car. For example, if I set it for air to be blown on to my feet/floor it still comes out my front and dash vents which really annoys me because it fogs up my windshield in humid weather forcing me to put the A/C on so as to drive the fog out. I'm sure other people have experienced this too right?

I guess this is the kinda thing you have to go through when buying the first batch of a new model car.

Just an FYI I was advised by my dealer that if the check engine light is engaged because of not tightening the gas cap enough then it is not covered by SOA and you'll pay to have the ECU reset.

Thanks Subaru - there's nothing like customer service and goodwill! You just got my $30,000 but don't you dare do something as labor-intensive as reset a CEL without getting your $60/hour!!

I can reset my own CELs, but still...

Yea you know just like the tempory tires that they give us.:cool:

Haha. I cant tell you how many LGT owners I have had to tell that their headlights are out. Its pretty odd, my 97 GT goes through fogs and headlights pretty quickly too (I usually have to replace them anually).

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

Ditto on the "Temporary Bulbs" issue?? I have never heard of that in my 15 years of owning Subarus or any other car fr that matter,,and believe me Ive owned a few;)

That sounds like the dealer is BullSh*&^%$# somebody to me.:rolleyes:

Rudy

ps,,,Bad batch of bulbs maybe:confused:

Archived