LegacyGT.com

Installing Air Filter

neboo

This may seem dumb, but I cannot get my FRAM air filter installed in my 99 Legacy L. It seems like it is moving around and it makes the plastic not fit properly. Does anyone have any tips on how to get this to work?

Thanks

Yeah it is the right one. I am prolly just gonna take it back and get a tough guard filter because that has the plastic edge and not the rubber. It just seems like the rubber one moves and makes it difficult to get the plastic casing in place.

HELP!!! I need some help with this. I cannot get the damn filter cover to lock on and then slide into place. The filter is the EXACT same size as the old one, the rubber is just a little thicker. I just cannot do this and it is pissing me off since this is the easiest thing to replace on a car.

Oil might help it squeeze in. If you have the two piece box...it might be easier to fit the filter down into the top piece (worked for me). Try to force it straight down...not at an angle. Also, take off the entire box...dont try to take one side off like a hinge. I would personally kick the box and get a cold air intake...easy to install and its reusable.

Archived