LegacyGT.com

Valve Body Mods, Giant Leaps Forward!!!

ClimberDHexMods

How many miles on your car? You may have a clutch pack worn to the point where it no longer engages as instructed by the TCU. When that happens, it goes from . .. ... .... ..... smooth engagement over time, to . . . . ....... where it's slipping during the beginning of the engagement (which you don't feel) and then it catches up with itself and feels like a BANG as it does. Mine did this, and I pulled it apart to find completely cooked 5eat frictions and steels (the contents of the clutch packs). That was at around 30k miles :lol:

I can't tell if this is what you're describing, but maybe it is.

Edited by ClimberD@HexMods
[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Do you have any cores for the 07? My car is making a grinding noise cause it isn't shifting fast enough. This is my daily.

I have an 07 VB here, though there is mechanically no difference to the 05-06 (nonetheless I like to match year to year to keep it clean).

If you have a grinding noise, then you may have other problems than slow shifts, though the stock VB sure does make it easy to wear out a transmission if you're making considerable torque, often.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Thats what Im thinking....the noise happens when the car wants to shift, but doesn't. Which I have to release the throttle for it to shift. I guess 312tq is pretty high for the VB

So 500bucks would be sending you my VB....what would it be for you to send me one first....my daily driver.

Thats what Im thinking....the noise happens when the car wants to shift, but doesn't. Which I have to release the throttle for it to shift. I guess 312tq is pretty high for the VB

So 500bucks would be sending you my VB....what would it be for you to send me one first....my daily driver.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/5eat-valve-body-upgrades-finally-164484.html

$589.

Be warned, if your trans is slipping (sounds like it is) then the F1 may or may not solve the problem. It's calibrated to work on a healthy trans. Yours may or may not be a healthy trans. It may have some worn friction material, or something along those lines. Either way, if you're making a good deal more power than stock, there is not a better alternative.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
FYI. Check post #1086 (other details posted earlier). Climber will re ready when he gets through his present situation. He has always been there for the LGT community and we need to be patient and support him.

I apologize I did make contact with him I'm just frustrated that my car is broken and I want I get her back on the road!

I hear ya Swagger. I would probably feel the same given your situation. Easier for me since it will be a bit longer for the 08-09 VB upgrade.

• 5 weeks later...
ClimberD,

Is there anything the LGT community can do to help expedite the valve-body development for the '08-'09 model years?

What do you need to finish the project?

I will eventually need an 08/09 to play around with. But that's on me to buy it, not you guys. Other than that, I'm slowly pulling things together. Life got a bit ugly, I guess that happens.

Aquaflight

How long before it figures it self out I know it will take the car a little time to get used to the new valve body, anyone that has one care to share?

100-400 miles. It's a total pain in the butt for the first hour.