LegacyGT.com

2007 P-204UH with Nav into 2005 LGT without Nav

kyle05gtwagon

I've looked through lots of head unit swap threads and couldn't find a definitive answer, sorry if it's already posted somewhere. Is there any difference between a P-204UH from a car with navigation vs without navigation?

I pulled a head unit (P-204UH) from a 2007 L.L. Bean Outback with Nav and am trying to get it to function in my 2005 LGT Wagon. When the unit is connected, i'm getting no display or button functions except power, load CD, and eject CD. CD audio plays clearly when a disc is loaded, but there's no controls that work other than eject. Is there rewiring needed since it was from a vehicle with Nav, or am i looking at a head unit with screwed up connectors/power supply on the circuit board? I've read those threads as well, but haven't torn the radio apart yet.

Donor vehicle was wrecked, so i couldn't test before hand. If it's junk, I at least got the XM receiver and AUX input pocket with wiring harness out of the deal...

Thanks in advance,

Kyle

The radio does not really have anything to do with the nav. Only thing extra the nav does is talk through the radio while giving directions. I swapped different radios out on my car prior to going with the JDM setup and made no difference with my factory nav.

Thanks. I was hoping it was some little wiring tweak I was missing, but it sounds like I've got some bad solder joints. I went through and reflowed the connectors that have given others problems with no changes.

Has anyone ever completely removed the board from the faceplate? It seems to be stuck on with the volume knob. I gave it a solid pull, but it doesn't feel like it will come off unless I break it.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Archived