LegacyGT.com

Nameless Downpipe: Official 5th Gen GT Install Thread

I'm running the full Nameless TBE with 4" cans. Max boost has been 18.xx.

I also have the Nameless BPV installed, no additional boost control other than stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was going to ask how, but then I saw your location. Thinking that may have something to do with it...

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So.....I think the reason why I had no issues is because John built the entire tbe on my car? I have been to a dyno after every part was installed, and never had any issue with any over boost or anything that my tuner couldn't fix or he would have told me! Might contact my tuner and see if he can glacé at his logs and see if he can find anything. What's this about a upgraded boost controller? So I hope all this shit gets figured out soon! Maybe trim down my Perrin throttle body hose and install it and get me some dyno time again. Also I am at 17psi right now on my tune, just checked my dyno charts Edited by Fischbach31

It's weird on how many there were on the group vs how many have been installed so far especially with the weather being colder, I would think right now would be the best time to have it installed to see whether boost creep would be an issue or not.

I think most are likely in a similar boat as I:

Still collecting parts for the stage 2 tune or still considering what other parts to add before stage 2 tune. If you're going to get tuned, might as well collect all parts and possibly near future parts in advance so you don't have to tune twice in a short period of time.

It's winter and the need for speed won't likely hit until spring. It's also tax season so they're either anticipating having to pay or waiting for their refund to buy more parts.

For me, I have most of my parts already but want to improve my suspension, switch from winter tires and wait until it's a little warmer before I get tuned.

Looking to install / tune probably in April.

I would do it since I have the Fozz around to drive and I could take my time, but I really want to do a TMIC at the same time before I get tuned, and no funds for that right now, plus GrimmSpeed is taking their sweet time with their 2015 WRX TMIC development and I will likely do that one over the recently released KillerB TMIC.

Also, based on some of the issues people are having, I am considering heading off the potential for overboost issues and getting the turbo ported and going with a Kinugawa wastegate actuator. But I am curious if there will be issues or not, so leaving the turbo alone for now might be the way to go.

Edited by GTEASER

I think most are likely in a similar boat as I:

Still collecting parts for the stage 2 tune or still considering what other parts to add before stage 2 tune. If you're going to get tuned, might as well collect all parts and possibly near future parts in advance so you don't have to tune twice in a short period of time.

It's winter and the need for speed won't likely hit until spring. It's also tax season so they're either anticipating having to pay or waiting for their refund to buy more parts.

For me, I have most of my parts already but want to improve my suspension, switch from winter tires and wait until it's a little warmer before I get tuned.

Looking to install / tune probably in April.

...pretty much this. Despite much peer pressure from our fellow 48-Hours participants my lovely PM has not yet approved my purchase of the Nameless catback. I'm also planning to go Stage 2/protune in one shot, so I still need/want a new intercooler (waiting on Grimmspeed), diverter valve, charge pipe, throttle body hose, and some other odds and ends. I think I can wait until the winter is over and get some other things done in the meanwhile, transmission parts (short shifter, Group N bushing, and etc) and led lighting upgrades.

Also, based on some of the issues people are having, I am considering heading off the potential for overboost issues and getting the turbo ported and going with a Kinugawa wastegate actuator. But I am curious if there will be issues or not, so leaving the turbo alone for now might be the way to go.

A stiffer actuator is going to make things worse, not better. TBH, I've seen a bunch of those spiffy-looking Kinugawa billet actuators seize up, stick or leak. And while different springs are available, none of them seem to do what the description suggests. For example their '1bar' spring may open at 11 or 12psi, a '1.2bar' one at 12 or 14psi and so on. Poor consistency.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

• 2 weeks later...
You would need to buy the stock manifold and lop it off, lol. Fahr side has mentioned this turbo is pretty specific to the legacy I think the real question is would it be worth tracking down a source for the flange vs fabbing one or going with my first suggestion.

It's unique to the VF-54. Just get one laser cut and save yourself the time looking.

Sent from a device using some software.

Obligatory '[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2008-gh8-238668.html?t=238668"]build thread[/URL]' Increased capacity to 2.7 liters, still turbo, but no longer need spark plugs.

A magician never tells his secrets....

K but seriously I don't know why I asked just curiosity mostly if someone wanted to make their own dp

Edit*BBpeik on my local forum I'm tagged as "its a conspiracy"

Edited by s2baru

You would need to buy the stock manifold and lop it off, lol. Fahr side has mentioned this turbo is pretty specific to the legacy I think the real question is would it be worth tracking down a source for the flange vs fabbing one or going with my first suggestion.

You might be able to use the gasket as a pattern for the general shape as well if getting the stock manifold is a challenge.

I could probably arrange a tracing of the flanges for you if you really need it.

Sent from a device using some software.

• 4 weeks later...
Elekseven did u ever find/fix your over boosting problem ?

Not yet. As far as I've gotten is pulling the stock exhaust out of my attic. Hopefully I'll get a chance to put it on in the next week or so. Hard to believe I haven't gone WOT in 2 months...

Also, I got a grimmspeed DP adapter. Currently trying to decide if I want to just put the stock mid pipe on and leave the AVO mufflers or do the stock mufflers as well. Car is pretty loud as-is so I'm OK with it being quieter, just not sure I want "stock" quiet. Either way, what's left will be going in the classifieds.

Stock mid + mufflers back on. Unfortunately it's been too warm to be able to test to see if the problem is gone. Hope it gets cold again otherwise we won't have an answer until next winter.

Performance seems to have suffered. The tune is still the temporary 0% WGDC tune so I suppose that makes sense. I would need to visit the tuner to get things back to where they should be.

Kinda miss the exhaust noise...

The stock DP muffles the turbo quite a bit. Spooling noise will increase a fair amount with the nameless DP or any other aftermarket DP. Behind the wheel it is very noticeable when you get in to boost. Don't know if anyone would hear it from the outside though. At idle it sounds stock.