LegacyGT.com

Anyone have a walkthrough for installing the Perrin TMIC?

pull OEM TMIC, remove rubber ring around end of throttle body hose, insert Perrin TMIC, turn all screws and bolts clocwise that were previously turned counterclockwise. Either I'm a d!ck, or it's really that easy. You be the judge.;)
ignore him, he'll go away.

I've had the oem off....it was easy. Just I've read some posts that gave me the idea the Perrin wasn't that cut and dry.

I guess #7 confused me a little...."caps"?

#7 = "remove rubber ring around end of throttle body hose" from my cliff notes;)

I don't remember taking one off the throttlebody side, but I did remove the one on the TMIC side. It's not a cap so much as it's just a rubber adapter ring that cushions the hose clamp.

pull OEM TMIC, remove rubber ring around end of throttle body hose, insert Perrin TMIC, turn all screws and bolts clocwise that were previously turned counterclockwise. Either I'm a d!ck, or it's really that easy. You be the judge.;)

You got lucky!

Some of the PERRIN's do not fit well... Be warned now that the flange on your PERRIN and the flange on the turbo outlet may not look flush.... Mine has a 2mm gap! But once you tighten it down it seals....

Good luck getting your stock brace back on... I'm pretty strong and I had to muscle it. (I also have a huge BOV)

TIME: less than 45 minutes

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

#9....trim?

Trim wha?

Just install it already.:lol: When you put the TMIC inplace, the harness clip they're talking about may or may not need to be trimmed. Either way, it will be obvious what the obstruction is and how much needs to be cut if any.

You got lucky!

Some of the PERRIN's do not fit well... Be warned now that the flange on your PERRIN and the flange on the turbo outlet may not look flush.... Mine has a 2mm gap! But once you tighten it down it seals....

Good luck getting your stock brace back on... I'm pretty strong and I had to muscle it. (I also have a huge BOV)

TIME: less than 45 minutes

I just got done doing mine a couple hours ago and noticed the turbo side gap. Both ends where the bolts are touch, but the middle is a little high. I had to put a big washer on the brace bolt to get it to clamp down.

I took it out for a spin and it ran great in 1st, 2nd and 3rd, but I think I got some WG flutter in 4th and 5th. I don't know if I had a hose leak before or what, but the boost comes on a lot quicker and holds better, but I'm getting a "click-a-click-a-click...." when boost gets above 15psi in 4th and 5th.

Is it time for a new actuator too?

Let's kick this pig!

• 5 months later...

My perrin didn't want to naturally fit snug in it's spot either, I def had to use some extra time and energy to get it in place and screwed down.

Hopefully I'll have no leaks or other issues. I don't want to have to take that thing off and put it back on again anytime soon.

After you do it a couple dozen times it gets easier, but I hear ya. Mine was a real pain at first. It definately doesn't just "drop in and bolt up"; there's a little coaxing that has to happen. Once the transplant "takes" and stays on a while it seems like it comes apart and goes back together a little better. The rotation on the IC->TB hose seems to make a big difference on how it lines up with the turbo.
Let's kick this pig!

Archived