LegacyGT.com

Transgo Kit Guinea Pig!!!

OGHK87Jay

I live like 25 minutes from transgo and I'd be willing to be a guinea pig. Since my tranny is pissing me off of hard shifting. I'll contact them in 2 weeks about it after I finish my midterms. Maybe I'll pick up a floating vb (btw where is the link for the floating vb?) or drop off my whole car and let them take out the vb and modify and test it when I leave for vacation in december. I'll keep you guys updated on this!:p Need to accumulate some money of my own too to get this done of the poor college student's way haha. So if anyone else would like to contribute to this guinea pig experiment let me know. Most likely I may just drop off my whole car becuase I dont have that kind of money to buy a extra vb.

If anybody would like to contribute to me for this experiment please state which you'd like to contribute to floating vb or the other.

Contributions:

1. RIPjeep2002

2. hadvw

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

May want to try removing the RalliTek Race Transmission Bushing. I don't know if they do much more than transmit NVH and make the shifts feel harder. Do a search, seems a few people have found them to be too harsh, especially when it is cooler. If that improves things you could try putting in their street / comfort version.

The TransGo kit will make your shifts quicker and firmer, and is more noticeable at higher rpms and loads, so I am not sure that's what you're looking for.

May want to try removing the RalliTek Race Transmission Bushing. I don't know if they do much more than transmit NVH and make the shifts feel harder. Do a search, seems a few people have found them to be too harsh, especially when it is cooler. If that improves things you could try putting in their street / comfort version.

The TransGo kit will make your shifts quicker and firmer, and is more noticeable at higher rpms and loads, so I am not sure that's what you're looking for.

I know when its cold it shifts hard but I was expecting that. The problem is when its warm its shifts hard. Also yes the transgo kit is exactly what I'm looking for according to your description. All I can figure out to do now is to get the Subaru Dealer to give my a tranny oil change or what ever its called and see if they'll crack open the tranny since ive took it in to get it fixed so many times. All that I know is that it shift like ass from 2-3 and 3-4.

He beat me to removing the trans bushing.

That kind of bad shifting you report could be due to a number of causes, none fixed by doing a sport shift mod to the VB.

Sorry, it's most likely not going to bs fixed easily. Beg for warranty replacement. Start with trans, then TCU, last is wiring harness. That is pretty much EVERY thing.

[CENTER][B][I] Front Limited Slip Racing Differentials for the 5EAT now available for $1895 shipped, please inquire for details! [/I][/B][/CENTER]

Subscribed. Maybe you can talk to TransGo and see what they think (i.e. would they want a separate VB, or your car to work on)? I'd be in to donate maybe $25 towards this, if they'd consider developing a similarly priced kit for the LGT (i.e. $350, just swap VBs)...

He beat me to removing the trans bushing.

That kind of bad shifting you report could be due to a number of causes, none fixed by doing a sport shift mod to the VB.

Sorry, it's most likely not going to bs fixed easily. Beg for warranty replacement. Start with trans, then TCU, last is wiring harness. That is pretty much EVERY thing.

I'm goind to do exactly that for beg for the trans replacement. I'll have to buy a new rallitek street bushing. I do rather spirited driving since I live on a mountain thats why I chose the race bushing to begin with.

Subscribed. Maybe you can talk to TransGo and see what they think (i.e. would they want a separate VB, or your car to work on)? I'd be in to donate maybe $25 towards this, if they'd consider developing a similarly priced kit for the LGT (i.e. $350, just swap VBs)...

I will definitely ask and get specifics.

I'd donate 25.00 for you to crop the entire car off. Cheaper that way especially if you drop it off while your on vacation and don't need to drive it.

You should also get in touch with TransGo and start that ball rolling and let them know there is interest and to set something up.

I'd donate 25.00 for you to crop the entire car off. Cheaper that way especially if you drop it off while your on vacation and don't need to drive it.

You should also get in touch with TransGo and start that ball rolling and let them know there is interest and to set something up.

I'll call tomorrow at work and ask if time permits

you may have to do it too since OP is an 08, and your an 06...diff VBs

Can you tell me which years the vb are different exactly so when I enquire I about both vb's and update all your guys after I call.

I'm guess 05-07(same vb) and 08-09(same vb)?

Can you tell me which years the vb are different exactly so when I enquire I about both vb's and update all your guys after I call.

I do not know, I asked the question in 5eat reverse engineering thread and linked to this thread. I know its around 07-08 was the change. 08 have it for sure but dont know about 07s

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

lieutenantcolumbo since you're on stage 3.5+ does your tranny slip at all?

Went stage 3 last December '09, by February '10 both 4th & 5th gear were gone.

Would have probably happened sooner if not for the record amount of snow we were having at the time. :lol:

I had a transmission cooler put in as soon as I went stage 2. I had also put in the IPT valve shortly after going stage 3, but I am guessing the damage must have already been done when I was stage 2 or as soon as I went stage 3, because shortly there after is when I lost the top two gears.

My local transmission shop would not give me a warranty with the IPT valve body installed (even though they had installed it), hence I sold that and they completely rebuilt my transmission, working with TransGo to upgrade the valve body. They threw in other goodies like extra 4th & 5th gear clutches, welded and reworked the torque converter, etc. so they tell me it should handle 450whp now. No slipping yet.

It's all documented in the 5EAT Pride! thread.

Thanks to fishbone...

05-06 no upshift, no rev-match

07-09 upshifts, rev-matches

07-09 had revised mechanicals and TCU reflash. At the very least the valve body is somewhat different.

IPT said the new version of the VB is more like the 4eat and was harder to adjust according and 'fool'. If went overboard it would send CELs

Cant wait for results for 07+:spin:

5eat downshift rev match:):wub:

Powder coated wheels: completed:)

I called transgo today they said the test and designing had already been done. I even asked about the price and they said that they werent able to tell me and the only way to find out about the price and which kit was have a transmission guy call in and enquire about it. So now we need someone to enquire about the price of the kit.

I called transgo today they said the test and designing had already been done. I even asked about the price and they said that they werent able to tell me and the only way to find out about the price and which kit was have a transmission guy call in and enquire about it. So now we need someone to enquire about the price of the kit.

hmph. I wonder why is that the case as to why they can't give a price or why they didn't put it on the market yet.

They should get IPT to inquire about it.

Archived