LegacyGT.com

Plans for the Wagon

Ok.... So I have been researching on this site, trying to come up with plans for my lgt.

So Im going after the best bang for my buck and Im thinking an Indiva cattted downpipe with stock exhaust, a drop in filter, and a cobb ap.

Am I correct in assuming that I can run stage 2 tune like this?

Any other ideas. Im pretty strapped for cash so Im looking for the cheapest and most reliable route. I would like to run an intake for sound but Im hearing that cobb maps dont work well with them.

Will I get any more sound with a downpipe and tune??

Thanks for your help guys

No offence intended but it sounds like to me that you have only done a cursory search of the site The plans you came up with for your LGT are not the most bang for buck.

Keep in mind, we both have the same color, same year. I had 190whp like you stock. Now closer to 290-300whp (360crank).

I don't know where you live so I don't know if you want a catless but I am not into them. You need to get the cat out of your uppipe so that needs to go and that is a longevity issue and for tuning.

If money is an issue to you even talking about an intake is foolish. Not only are they HARMFUL without a custom tune, the OEM intake IS a cold air ram good for over 300whp. That a AP cannot play nice with many, many parts should be telling. It is just like another generic factory tune but more agressive. Like buying a really expensive chip.

. . . P R O T U N E . . . P R O T U N E . . . P R O T U N E . . .

First of all find a STI up for $60 shipped on NASIOC or an

M2 up on ebay for $30 (if you get an M2 up get a grimspeed 12layer collector to up gasket $15)

Get a ERZ/CNT downpipe. Catted $330, catless something like $200

Get an extra exhaust donut to crush to oem exhaust.

Order a VAG-COM cable on ebay $15

CONTACT INFAMOUS1 for a $200 protune. He can do them REMOTELY and teach you to log your car. Not to trust a tuner but to actually log and be able to post a log if sometihng is wrong and have someone else look at it.

Get your fast on.

PM me if you can't find links. You can also contact site vendors. They are very available and here to help you get what you want for a great price.

Ok.... So I have been researching on this site, trying to come up with plans for my lgt.

So Im going after the best bang for my buck and Im thinking an Indiva cattted downpipe with stock exhaust, a drop in filter, and a cobb ap.

Am I correct in assuming that I can run stage 2 tune like this?

Any other ideas. Im pretty strapped for cash so Im looking for the cheapest and most reliable route. I would like to run an intake for sound but Im hearing that cobb maps dont work well with them.

Will I get any more sound with a downpipe and tune??

Thanks for your help guys

LA lgt that was amazingly helpful.

Everybody keeps saying infamous1 tunes are the way to go but I've been stuborn because ap's are so easy. But you have convinced me!

I don't have to worry about emmissions so I am thinking I will go catless. Are their any cons to going catless in the down pipe besides emmissions?

Thank you very much. It's incredible how helpful people are on this forum compared to others.

I have heard that some power can be lost going completely catless and that it can cause lag not to have a little backpressure.

INFAMOUS1 TUNES.

Know anything about drag racing? I ran a 8.4 flat 1/8th mi on my Infamous1 tune. I was SMOKING 100oct big FMIC crazy STI (with POS tunes).

I call up Infamous1 (Shamar) and tell him I am hitting the track - HE MEETS ME THERE IN HIS Z06 and we race (he wins, duh!).

INFAMOUS TUNE. your 05 can use a vag-com cable to connect your laptop to it.

Do not try to find a deal, dollar for dollar ERZ/CNT downpipes are waaaaay nicer than ANYTHING on the market and are exactly as nice (and nicer) than most expensive DP.

Alrighty LA LGT. Infamous1 is gunna be my man.

Catless ERZ down is just so much less expensive. But I will see what I can find.

Now to begin the hunt for parts.

Thanks again!

+1,000,000,000,000 for Infamous.

I have SPT Intake and catback exhaust only and decided to Tune it for Stage 1 with Infamous. Whoa! what a difference! The lag and Stutter that I been experience ever since I own the car has been completely gone. The Stage 1 Power by Infamous is perfect for my daily driving.

I found an oil leak around my turbo and I need to send it to the dealer for a warranty repair. I text/called shamar and I got my Stock Map at the same day. (thanks Shamar)

After the flash back to stock I noticed right away how my car sound so quiet compare a minute before the flash. My sounded like a HYBRID lol!

Went home and I hated how it drives. Slow, Stutter and hesitations are back. Dealer found that the Turbo Inlet needs to be replace and I got the car back today. No more oil leak, just a slow power lol..

Im definitely getting my Stage 1 Back from Infamous1!!

Im definitely getting my Stage 1 Back from Infamous1!!

To make life easy for myself I have a little 1GB thumbdrive on my LGT keychain that has our OEM tune and all of the completed tunes I have ran.

What kind of gains can someone expect on a conservative tune with setup?

I need to make a MACRO of this...

OEM = 185-190whp

Infamous Stage1 +30-40hp (no mods but tune)

Infamous Stage 2 +50-60hp (uppipe, downpipe and catback - closer to 50 with oem catback)

Without a doubt Infamous stage 1 is one of the best power mods dollar for dollar EVER. $5 to $6 per HP?

Please, that can't even be done with nitrous. I think that means INFAMOUS1 > NITROUS :lol:

Anyone with hesitation about modding should still absolutely, positively run a Infamous Stage 1 tune. The factory tune blows chunks.

Thanks again LALGT

There was a sticky on subaruforester.org that was very helpful called how to go faster than an Sti for cheap.

Something like that would be awesome on here

Thanks WSUCoug for posting this question (I should have...), and your name reminds me of those good 'ol days partying in Pullman/Moscow...damn that was fun.

Anyway, LALGT, thanks for recommending INFAMOUS1. Sounds like a serious winner, and your idea of keeping the USB key is awesome.

What kind of damage will an INFAMOUS1 stage 1 do to my fuel economy? Will my wife still be able to drive it (she IS the one who demanded we get a 5MT...not that I was going to disagree with her!)? We both walk/bike/transit to work, but I do 'commute' to a ski area about 50 miles away so MPG is something of a concern.

Thanks!

Yes Pullman can be a whole lot of fun!

If I am not mistaken..

Shamar's (Infamous1) has said "Your best tune will be the tune with the best MPG"

or something like that.

From what I have read with an infamous1 tune and all good protunes your mpg should increase! That is as long as your peddle isnt always touching the floor board haha.

Please anybody, correct me if I am wrong

Infamous tune is very smooth and efficient. My MPG went up and so should yours - But, its hard to stay off the gas peddle so you may not see improvement. I surprise people on a daily basis with my sleeper wagon. My wife loves driving my Leggy but I rarely let anyone behind the wheel let alone her (she used to drive an SRT-4 and I don't like how she pushes My real love)

Well, I'm convinced. I ordered my Vagcom cable tonight and email Infamous. I can't decide if I should splurge and go stage 2 or just get the tune at stock. I may not be able to mod for awhile, my wife starts law school in the fall (50 G's a year) and this is my DD. Would it be worth it to just do an uppipe right now as well since they are so cheap?

Should I wait til I finish the 60k service next month to do a tune? I don't see it making a difference but it might give more accurate logs.

I hear how everyone says that Stage 2 is a huge difference from stage 1.

However hp numbers that I was quoted from LALGT on this same thread say that there is only 10 more hp involved in stage 2 than stage 1.

Can someone explain this?

its actually about 20hp more. it also makes the turbo spool up alot faster and earlier in rpms. this is because the airflow to and from the turbo is increase. It truly makes the car more zippy. i just have a AP stage 2 tune and even going from stage 1 to stage 2 was super noticable.

im no pro on exactly whats going on from stage to stage but thats just my personnal opinion

I have seen the numbers and totally can understand why you are hesitant for Stage 2, but all I have to say is I drove around initially with COBB's stage 1 for about 5,000 miles then I went with a Tuning Alliance stage 1 tune and could tell a slight difference, but when I bolted up my perrin up and down pipe and then changed the map over to COBB's stage 2 tune " Seriously it was like driving a new car I couldn't believe it", the only other Mod's I have are an ACT clutch and lightweight flywheel which I would highly recommend they complement stage 2 very well!

Go big or go home right! Although stage 2 is not big at all, just some goofy motivation!

Archived