LegacyGT.com

P0171 lean code

erguby

I have read alot of threads AND paid three Subaru dealers to try to find a leak unsuccessfully. If someone can meet me to help look for the vacuum leak I will be eternally in your debt.

The most common source of P0171 is a post-MAF intake leak. Try pressurizing the intake like so:

Take an aerosol can cap and drill a hole in it and insert a tire valve. Remove the airbox to turbo inlet tube, insert the cap in, clamp it down, hook up an air compressor. Listen for leaks.

Unfreakinbelievable. I have had three subaru dealerships and two private mechanics look at my car to try and get rid of this code. Today I take my intercooler off lookin for the infamous "t connection" where a hose might have popped off. However, the t- connection is fine. So I start lookin around. Sure enough, there is NO clasp holding the air intake on to the turbo. There are rubber nubs but no metal ring holding it on. I get a clasp from auto zone and the car idles perfect. AF ratios went from over 16 at idle before, now just over 14.

Thanks to all for helping me narrow down the issue. Without everyone's help on here I never would have known what was wrong or even where to start looking.

Archived