LegacyGT.com

Tire Shops in/around Boston that roll fenders?

Fox06LegacyGT

Hey Guys,

Anyone know of any tire places in or around Boston or even central mass. that may do fender rolling? Would be willing to call these places if you just know of a reputable shop around the area.

Just bought a set of rims and tires that just barely rub in the rear, and would hate to have to sell them for just a minor rub. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Mike

Will check for body shops in the area. Would you advise taking off the weather strip? Just afraid of rubbing the tire directly against the metal. Or should I try and if it still rubs then put it back on?

Going to be driving 3 hours or so tomorrow mostly on highway back to Boston, worried about causing some damage to the tire. Considering swapping back to stocks and bringing them with me to get the fenders rolled sometime next week.

P.S. Keefe- Thanks for the responses, I value your comments the most as you seem to be the tire/rim expert around here.

-Mike

just take off the weather stripping, even if the tire hits the fender, the fender is most likely going to give and bend first (that's what happen to my car when I was doing some tire fitments.. you can easily just take a plastic or rubber mallet and hammer the fender lip and fold it up in place, it just takes longer to do it this method than using a fender roller.. the whole idea is that you just want to bend the lip up and tuck it up against the fender wall.. here's my thread on my fender rolling.. just find a way to make your fender lip look like mine and you should be ok:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18284&highlight=fender+rolling

Keefe

• 1 year later...

Archived