LegacyGT.com

Remote start using a smart phone

kopke

Yes Sir. We install them regularly. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask. They work well, and I have one installed in one of my vehicles as well. I am getting ready to install the Drone by compustar in my 2000 LGTL as soon as i have time.

My biggest consern is if the system can be hackt.

Im not sure what you mean by 'hacked'? The system uses the ATT wireless network for communications to and from your car. You are essentially calling your car everytime you send it a command. They are password protected on your phone, and if you go with the Drone, you can also access it online, again needing a username and password.

Ive installed the viper SmartStart as well as the Compustar Drone. They both have premium packages that can do GPS tracking as well as many other features.

http://www.dronemobile.com/

http://www.viper.com/smartstart/

Do some reading.

Me myself I'll be installing a viper 5904 with a VSM250 smart start module into my LGT but only because I got it for free. If I were starting with nothing I would go compustar.

Hacked, stoopid.

Get realistic, no one is going to spend time hacking our subarus:rolleyes:

:whore:

I work in sales for an IT Security integrator so I eat sleep and breath hacking and communication security threats. Crackheads stealing your speakers dont moonlight as hackers :lol:

No, but being able to start/lock/unlock/trunk release, as well as having notifications sent to you if your alarm goes off, from anywhere in the world as long as you have cell coverage sure is nice.... Like if you take a train to work and park at a station and can start your car 15 minutes before you get to it... or if you're out of town for an extended period of time and dont wanna come home to a dead battery. There are many practical reasons that make a system like this well worth the $$. Alot of them you don't even realize until you own one.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived