LegacyGT.com

Tail light wont turn off HELP

Brake switch still good? Also, on some cars the little pad that pushes the switch sometimes breaks off. Both pieces should be located at the top of the brake pedal.

All I see is a bunch Of wiring. On top of mine.

there is a switch on top of the steering column, mounted in the plastic enclosure. it is a rocker switch. if you can see the orange stripe then the parking lights are on. switch it off.

I've checked that also. It isn't the switch.

well then it is probably a back feed some where.

lots of car circuits have a ''switched'' negative or ground wire. this means any other ground after the bulb will complete the circuit.

so what do you suggest i do?

Start looking in the trunk and along the door seals for spots that look like they could be rubbing but first unplug the brake light switch at the pedal to verify its not bad

rubbing, what would that look like? i checked the unplugged and it didnt look bad to me

All I see is a bunch Of wiring. On top of mine.

Not above the brake assembly, but on the top part.

Pic I found on Google: http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab11/fsauto/05-Legacy-Pedal-Assy.jpg

It's the black box with white mark on it. Make sure that brown piece is still on there to ensure the switch is actually being pressed when the pedal is up(on some cars, the plastic piece eventually breaks off).

The other thing you can do is start pulling fuses when you find one that turns off the lights that's the circuit to focus on

so just start pulling every fuse one by one until the light shuts off, and if i find one, do you suggest i get a new fuse?

There are spare fuses located in the fuse box as well as a fuse puller. It doesn't hurt to try a new one but I doubt that is your problem.

can you guide me of how to replace? I dont want to break anything

The fuse box is located to the right side of the pedal assembly. Get down there and look. The cover pops right off. It is labeled and tells you what each fuse is. If the fuse is burnt out it is fairly obvious as the U shaped filament will be burned out. BTW, I hope you are serious are are not another incarnation of brok's trolling personas.

Archived