LegacyGT.com

2006 LGT steering wheel??

TPLGT

So I am going to take the plunge and buy a Spec B. Steering wheel...I suppose I will unload my 06 wheel...is the 06 a Momo or not?

I know the 05 is and says so on it but the 06 does not....Given this, I assume the demand for this wheel will be less?

Any thoughts?

Thx.

Rehab is for quitters.

What does it matter if it is Momo or not. I think it is, but who cares. It is a LegacyGT steering wheel that will sell for $135 to $150 on this board.

You should also try selling on subaruforester.org as well. The LegacyGT steering wheel drops in nice on on 06/07 Foresters, the airbags match.

-Zin

06 LGT LTD GRP 5MT

07 FXT LTD OBP 4EAT

What does it matter if it is Momo or not. I think it is, but who cares. It is a LegacyGT steering wheel that will sell for $135 to $150 on this board.

You should also try selling on subaruforester.org as well. The LegacyGT steering wheel drops in nice on on 06/07 Foresters, the airbags match.

Some peopel are anal about it saying Momo on it...Mine looks different that the 05s. The 05s have a 'patter' on the top of the wheel..makes it look really cool.

I am buying the the wheel from the KOP. Cheapest around...and he's a good marketer.

Rehab is for quitters.

• 2 weeks later...
My stock wheel didnt have momo stamped on it. I sold it when I got my STI steering wheel. I got way more then 150 for mine but I sold my airbag also

I was about to open a thread about a STI steering wheel for the Legacy. I would love to get a Spec B steering wheel because of the radio controls. However, after going to the dealer and looking at the steering wheel in the STI, I would much rather have the STI steering wheel. This is the steering wheel the car should have out of the factory. :mad:

Is this a staight swap for the Legacy?

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

Spec b wheel has the radio controls...that is why I am buying it...

Thats the same reason I got my Spec B wheel, thought I got a killer deal on it I after selling my old wheel and buying the materials to install it I only spent like $30 :)

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a237/antny04wrx/DSC_0030-2.jpg

there is my swap

Maybe this is the same STI steering wheel but I think the one I saw at the dealership from the STI was much thicker. The one I saw could have been from a '07 STI.:confused:

It is probably the same one.

I'm probably the only person that has Wu-Tang Clan and Paul McCartney on their mp3.:p

07 wheels are identical to the one I have. My roomate has a 07 and my other roomate has an 05 STi

You are right. For some reason the STI steering wheel looked thicker than the LGT steering wheel.:confused: (see post # 9) Anyway, if you are going to upgrade the steering wheel the Spec B with the radio control would make more sense then just the Momo steering - IMO.

I still wish the steering wheel was a little thicker (think M5) with the flat bottom.

I am buying my wheel from the KOP...$279...less $150 for my wheel...$129 how id you do so weel?

The guy from Phoenix Performance bought 2, 2007 Spec Bs and stripped them for race cars. Sold almost the entire interior of the cars I would have bought the seats (which I really like) but my car has the Tan/Black interior. At anyrate he sold the Spec B steering wheels for around $150 each, I had a friend that worked up in West Chester, PA who picked it up for me and brought it down the next time he came. I bought him dinner for it :p

Eric

I remeber when he put that car in the for sale forum....You must have been the first person to get back to him b/c those are highly sought after!
Rehab is for quitters.

Archived