LegacyGT.com

Northeast Tire Retailers...

meliaant

Hey folks, only my second thread started...{{{pats self on back}}}...anywho, I'm a tire nut, so was wondering who you liked as retailers...had Town Fair Tire put some Open Country A/T on the wifes Grand Cherokee - efficient, and seemed to do a fine job...well, they push Toyo's on you like it's nobodys business; Toyo make that good of a tire? Worth $149/tire for my legacy? (Proxes TPT)??? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated...
If you ever catch on fire, try to avoid looking in a mirror, because I bet that will really throw you into a panic.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
I have heard "horror stories" about Town Fair Tire messing up some folks expensive alloy rims (minor scuffing) although I have never used them. In Massachusetts, I am a big fan of Direct Tire where I can get bizzare brand tyres that fairly few people know about (Nokian, Vedrestein etc.). You certainly pay a premium for these brand tyres, but they are so well made and long lasting, I personally figure in the long run it is more than worth it.

I have heard "horror stories" about Town Fair Tire messing up some folks expensive alloy rims (minor scuffing) although I have never used them. In Massachusetts, I am a big fan of Direct Tire where I can get bizzare brand tyres that fairly few people know about (Nokian, Vedrestein etc.). You certainly pay a premium for these brand tyres, but they are so well made and long lasting, I personally figure in the long run it is more than worth it.
Their prices on Nokians was terrible compared to Johns Tires up in Manchester, NH. They were something like $230ea as compared to $150ea (for RSi). I have never gotten a competitive price quote out of DirectTire.

Their prices on Nokians was terrible compared to Johns Tires up in Manchester, NH. They were something like $230ea as compared to $150ea (for RSi). I have never gotten a competitive price quote out of DirectTire.
While I certainly agree that the Tire Rack, or even Town Fair will get you a much better price, I haven't been priced anything as high as what you are quoting in here. I have purchased both Vredestein Snow track + and Nokian NRV (summer performance tyre - not a snow tyre) from Direct Tyre and with full mounting and balancing only paid ~ $700 for a full set including Massachusetts sales tax. Hitting up a tax free store in NH certainly will be much cheaper, although I am happy to pay more to stick with a local retailer.

Archived