LegacyGT.com

Mountain West Meet Thread

praedet

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you rub in the front or back?

I looked for you and found a couple threads with decent info about the process and what it will accomplish. You could ask the OP on the second thread about it, he appears to be very knowledgeable about the process.

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=68722&highlight=fender+roll

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18284

So who's car are we working on Saturday? I got my JDM bar installed on Saturday so I don't need any work done. Unless you guys feel like doing a flywheel/clutch install in the 300ZX. :lol: Anyway, are we meeting at Ted's place first?

We may or may not do my coolant change. I'm @ 31,000mi. Should do my brake fluid? I'd like to clear my headlights sometime, but might only do it if someone w/ experience can help. Lil worried about the condensation that many have gotten.

Also thinking about doing brake lines & rotors. Hey, does anyone wanna paint calipers this weekend? Methinks that'd be a spiffy addition.

Thanks for the info Brett! My front passenger tire rubs the most (~once or twice a day). Front driver's tire rubs once in a great while. Rear has only rubbed a couple times.

We may or may not do my coolant change. I'm @ 31,000mi. Does anyone think I should do my brake fluid? I'd like to clear my headlights sometime, but might only do it if someone w/ experience can help. Lil worried about the condensation that many have gotten. Also thinking about doing brake lines & rotors. Hey, does anyone wanna paint calipers this weekend? Methinks that'd be a spiffy addition.

Thanks for the info Brett! My front passenger tire rubs the most (~once or twice a day). Front driver's tire rubs once in a great while. Rear has only rubbed a couple times.

The dealer recommends at the 30k service you have it done. I had mine done at 30k, didn't notice any difference in stopping power, too be honest I don't think it needed to be done that early, at least for my ride.

Painting calipers would be fun, let me know if you end up doing it, we could go halfs on paint if we decide to do the same color. You can get the paint at walmart for 15$ and there would be plenty for two cars, the key to getting the paint to stay on the calipers so it doesn't flake off is to sand the calipers down before you paint, real well. My brother has an huge air compressor at his house, we might be able to go up to his house in broomfield and do it. That way we could use his air compressor and sander to sand our calipers down, quick. I'll ask him and get back to you on that.

Hmmm.... I haven't given much thought to what color I want to do.... I need to think about that or look for pics of members who painted their calipers and see what color I like best. I painted my last two car's calipers both red, they looked great, and they both lasted almost perfectly with 0 flaking for over a year each car.

I might do spark plugs... :(

Paint either Silver or Black, anything else is tacky...

If you want it spiffy, do black w/ white or silver Subaru on the front caliper, or Silver w/ black Subaru...

Brake fluid SHOULD be changed once a year, especcially if you drive your car around the Mtns here...

:spin:

Brake fluid SHOULD be changed once a year, especcially if you drive your car around the Mtns here...

Brake fluid is all about the driving conditions of the individual but ya you are right if I were spending a lot of time in the mountains, definitely would need to do it, and probably front pads once a year.

I might do spark plugs... :(

Paint either Silver or Black, anything else is tacky...

If you want it spiffy, do black w/ white or silver Subaru on the front caliper, or Silver w/ black Subaru...

I think I'd like to do black w/ white decals. You doing decals Penguin? Maybe we could split the cost of a sheet. I think they sometimes come w/ more than you need:

Ted, do you think I should do my brake lines like Steve?

I think I'd like to do black w/ white decals. You doing decals Penguin? Maybe we could split the cost of a sheet. I think they sometimes come w/ more than you need:

They are decals? I thought they were painted on. I didn't think any decal can withstand the temp.

I really like the Prospeed fluid...

But, you can get cheaper fluid that will do just as well for what you want.

Some folks have done the decals and they supposedly hold up all right. I personally used the decals as a template and did this a long time ago...

http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e257/praedet/Rotors/iONFrontInstalled3.jpg

:spin:

^^^:lol: No, I just cleaned the shims that go on the pads. And they happen to almost match the rims :lol:

The stickers were around $6 shipped I think...

It looked good, but the F+R BBK look better :eek:

Yeah bigger looks better. But I know you've said it's not necessary on our cars performance-wise.

Ted, you happen to have that website where you got em? I had one before, but deleted the bookmark and can't find em w/ a bit of searching.